• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone from South Africa

Angelbaby_01

mommy
Reaction score
Hallo,

Are there any South African mommy's on here?

I would like to chat.

:flower:

Huggles https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...uggles-parenting-journal-rainbow-born-xx.html is ;). I am not but my oh is South African, We are living in germany though.

Huggles https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...uggles-parenting-journal-rainbow-born-xx.html is ;). I am not but my oh is South African, We are living in germany though.

Are you German? Where about do you live? From where in South Africa is your OH?

I was born in SA Johannesburgh, I have been in Scotland for 17 years now x

Wow. That's quite a long time. I wish I could go overseas, but at the moment it still seems far in the future. What are you doing in Scotland?

I am German yes, my oh is from Cape Town :) . We live in Hamburg :)

Oh. cool. :happydance: My ancestors are from Germany and I so badly want to follow my roots again. I'm one of those that believe if you know where you are coming from then you know where you are heading too in the future.

My father had a friend that lived in Hamburg and he used to send us pictures. I think it's beautiful.

I am from Cape Town as well. I was born there. Unfortunately I have been living in Pretoria for the past 4 years. I miss the ocean, mountains and vinyards. Oh, and just the chilled vibe around the city. Up country is a fast paced world where everything goes about money and ego.

Good combination you two. South African and German. :winkwink:

My Oh's parents stay near Johannesburg. so not thtat far away either. I do prefer the coast thoough too :)

We are planning on moving back to the coast next year if all goes to plan. I can't wait. How many times do you visit SA then?

Normally about once a year, but havent been this year because I wouldnt have been comfortable doing such a long flight pregnant, his parents however come over next year in June.

That's lovely. Will your family be with you when you give birth?

Are the cultures a lot different in SA that in Germany? I had a friend that's been with me to Namibia and he was totally shocked, but we haven't been together in South Africa so I never asked him really.

Well I am German and we come all from this area. Obviously my oh's family won't be over. but My oh's brother's company has its base in edinburgh so he comes over sometimes when he has to go there.

Well to culture, depends, My oh is English speaking South African so sure it is a bit different, but not as different as it is to Afrikaaners.
Obviously life is different too, as crime rate is low etc, ( like you can go home at 3 in the morning without you having to be afraid of getting mugged). I wasn't shocked when I was in South Africa, but I guess that depends to what you are used to.

Wow. That's quite a long time. I wish I could go overseas, but at the moment it still seems far in the future. What are you doing in Scotland?

My parents came back here, as Im the only one born in SA, but dont have accent anymore. Im living here now, bringing up my daughter. I moved when I was 7 due too much trouble etc. :) Hope you get overseas soon.

My parents came back here, as Im the only one born in SA, but dont have accent anymore. Im living here now, bringing up my daughter. I moved when I was 7 due too much trouble etc. :) Hope you get overseas soon.

I hope to go as well. This country is beautiful, but it's been rated that we have the same amount of murders a year than people being killed in Afghanistan. It's crazy!!

Well I am German and we come all from this area. Obviously my oh's family won't be over. but My oh's brother's company has its base in edinburgh so he comes over sometimes when he has to go there.

Well to culture, depends, My oh is English speaking South African so sure it is a bit different, but not as different as it is to Afrikaaners.
Obviously life is different too, as crime rate is low etc, ( like you can go home at 3 in the morning without you having to be afraid of getting mugged). I wasn't shocked when I was in South Africa, but I guess that depends to what you are used to.

Although it's a beautiful country it is very unsafe here. Things seems to go backwards as well. But apparently we need to be optimistic. :dohh:

I would, however, prefer to go to Europe and raise my children there. If it will happen in the end - we will see.

We want to move to the coast because then we can have open gardens and at least a little less burglar bars! :haha:

I'm from SA too!! I'm living in Centurion, so not too far from you. I would love to go to CT, but the rain would get me down. I'm a sunshine person. I get all depressed when the sun isn't shining (like today). Probably because I was born and raised in the Kalahari. :haha:

We seriously considered emigrating to get away from the crime, but in the end we couldn't leave our language and culture behind. Our kids are such a product of their culture, I honestly don't think they'd be happy in another culture. Not at this stage anymore. :shrug:

Do you work, Angelbaby?

I'm from SA too!! I'm living in Centurion, so not too far from you. I would love to go to CT, but the rain would get me down. I'm a sunshine person. I get all depressed when the sun isn't shining (like today). Probably because I was born and raised in the Kalahari. :haha:

We seriously considered emigrating to get away from the crime, but in the end we couldn't leave our language and culture behind. Our kids are such a product of their culture, I honestly don't think they'd be happy in another culture. Not at this stage anymore. :shrug:

Do you work, Angelbaby?

Yay!!! It would be nice to meet up someday and have some coffee.

I am a SAHM and love it. I've been without my girl for the day and it felt so awkward. Almost like I keep on forgetting something and have to do a lot. Haha Now I know how hard work it is to look after a child...........but I LOVE it!

And you? What do you do for a living? So you are a Kalahari girl? What brings you here then? Closest I've been to anything like this was Windhoek and Swakopmund. I loved it.

Do you work, Angelbaby?

Yay!!! It would be nice to meet up someday and have some coffee.

I am a SAHM and love it. I've been without my girl for the day and it felt so awkward. Almost like I keep on forgetting something and have to do a lot. Haha Now I know how hard work it is to look after a child...........but I LOVE it!

And you? What do you do for a living? So you are a Kalahari girl? What brings you here then? Closest I've been to anything like this was Windhoek and Swakopmund. I loved it.
I came to the city to study, and just never left again, LOL. I studied IT, and there's not many job opportunities in the countryside for that. Though, I only worked for 4 years in the end, because I quit shortly before my first child was born and has been a SAHM for almost 12 years now! Absolutely loving it!! And so grateful I'm able to.

Where was your little girl yesterday? We usually send the kids to their grandparents for a few days during holidays, and I absolutely hate it!! Now that I have a new baby again, it won't be so lonely this December when the other 3 visit their grannies.

I had to go to the dentist etc. and didn't want to leave her with just anybody (our parents all live in the Western Cape) so I sent her to a friend of our's school for the day. We were in school together and ended up neighbours (wasn't planned). Her son is a month older than our daughter.

IT - my father had an IT business and we drove all over the country (which means we were home schooled at that stage) and he made good business being an owner, but working for another company might be hard. Besides, you have the best job any woman could ever have.

Do you also get nasty remarks from people that have to send their children to school early to make it possible to work? I had quite a few and it could also be because I am young. Don't know.

I can't wait to have my second child. I want three children, but hubby would get a heart attack. lol. Maybe a third oops would be good................... The second baby we are planning to ttc next year sometime. I am so excited and can't wait.

My little one want to start leopard crawling and I think by end of next month she will be able to crawl normal. It is so cute, but I just realise how I will run around after her.

How old is your youngest baby?

O gosh ya, I can write books about working mommies' opinions (in SA) about children staying at home. They just don't understand!!! They're so pro-creche, that they think it's wrong of me to not put my child in a creche by age 2 at the latest!! They say my children will be behind, that they're lacking in social skills and will become hermits, that they won't learn anything at home, that I'm doing them a disservice, that their brains won't develop properly, that they're too attached to me, that I'm holding them back, that I'm spoiling them, etc. etc. etc. :dohh:

My believes are very strong on this. I believe a child should go to school when he or she is ready, not when society deems it the right time. I do believe that all children should go to school in grade R though. But before that, only when and if the child is ready. My first was 4, my 2nd was 3, and I'm currently trying to get my 4-year old to like school. He only goes one day a week to a playschool, and I still have to sit with him the first hour before he lets me go. I absolutely refuse to leave a child of mine when he's crying for me. I just can't! :shrug: So I wait until he's ready to be left alone at school.

My baby is 2 months, almost 3. We also only planned 2 kids, but I always wanted 5. My husband wasn't keen on a 3rd, but decided to gave in because I wanted it so badly. He absolutely refused any more, but I was heartbroken, so again he caved. But I agreed that this has to be it, we can't afford more than 4! So I had my tubes tied during the c-section. :cry: I'm extremely happy though to be able to have 4, and especially since this last one was a little girl again. I desperately wanted another little girl!! I have to say, I see more and more people here in SA that doesn't stop at 2 kids anymore, but have that 3rd. I find it wonderful! There's too many women in their 40's I've spoken to who's very very sad that they stopped at 2.

Awww, your baby sounds so cute! Enjoy the leopard crawling. Though, it's hard on the clothes, LOL. I'm going to send you a quick pm, let me know if you don't get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->