Anyone from St Albans or nearby - come and chat

angie79

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Hi :wave:

I thought i would start this thread for us all to come and chat as i have noticed that there are more and more girls from st albans or nearby popping up everywhere

So i will start - I'm Angie i'm 31 and i live in st albans with my partner. We are expecting our first baby on the 31st july :flower:

xxx

Ow hello, I'm from berkhamsted and due 21st July with my first, I'm 34 years old

hi how are you

i remember speaking to you a little while ago - oooo lovely bump

xxx

Thanks hun, im doing ok, fed up with swollen feet and ankles, how about you? X

i'm actually really well - apart from a bit of backache and feeling heavy - i think i'm really lucky at the moment but all could change in the next few weeks :haha:

Hiya!
I'm 29 from Elstree, not due until 14th September but having baby in Watford
xx

I'm 24, expecting our first, a little boy, just moving to Watford from st.a. Has anyone had the tour there yet or been before? We couldn't get antenatal classes till I'm 37 weeks, I'm a little eager to see what I'm in for and this doesn't give me much time! Im not the best with hospitals so fingers crossed a nice low intervention birth on the ABC x

oh my god i've just come across this -
thats the last thing i wanted to read!!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-194045/Hospital-busy-delivery.html

You and me both sueh81, thats shocking. Is that today's news or old? We got midwife tomorrow, gonna question her about it! Now I'm definitely staying at home as long as poss and gettin out when I can, being 5 mins walk from there we can't really consider anywhere else x

Hi girls

try not to worry - a couple of my friends had there babies in Watford and said it was fine - I'm having my tour when I'm about 34 weeks but I have been in all parts of that hospital including the early pregnancy unit and I found the staff friendly and can't fault it really

xxx

Hiya, I'm Amy i live in st albans with my partner im 17 and expecting a little boy on 29th july x

I'm having mine at Stoke Mandeville, Watford does have a bad reputation but I know friends that have given birth there and said it was fine, so don't worry!

i think the reputation is getting better there now tho - i'm booking in the knutsford suite

xxx

The knutsford suite is very good I hear, a friend of mines wife stayed there for a c-section!

oooo really thats good to know - but it should be for the money
I need to go for a tour around the suite soon

xxx

It's all starting to get close now! will have to think about buying my RLT soon! I went to my first antenatal class on Monday, they went straight into to talking about labour! eek!

oh i'm dreading going - i'm on mine on the 14th june and its 9am to 3.30pm
I have some RLT on the way :thumbup: he's going to be a big boy so eviction early i hope :haha:

xxx

I'm going to a NCT one as there wasn't any NHS one on offer to us, although I have been sent an afternoon one on breastfeeding which I will go to as well... My hubby wasn't very impressed with the class he hates that kind of thing and the class ran late so he was moaning all the way home about how he thinks we don't need to go! i'm like we've paid for it now! he thinks he knows it all because he has a 9 year old son, but stuff changes and he should go if not just to support me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->