Anyone from St Albans or nearby - come and chat

oh no does that mean that you have to start mat leave early/
I'm ok bad back now - sure sign he is getting bigger

xxx

Yeah he's signed me off for a month and then i'm having to start maternity leave at 29 weeks which will be end of June, at least I haven't gotta worry about work for the forseeable future as it was such a stressful job!!

Oh bless him! You've not got long left now..... :)
xx

i would loved to of finished work early but not in those circumstances.

Yep 6 weeks to full term and actually getting a bit nervous now

xxx

i would loved to of finished work early but not in those circumstances.

Yep 6 weeks to full term and actually getting a bit nervous now

xxx

I would be too!!! I'm already waking in the middle of the night worrying about it all! It's not the actual birth i'm worried about it's getting home and not having a clue what to do!!

xx

Tell me about it - i'm now having dreams about the birth - eeekkkk

xxx

hopefully you're dreaming about worst case scenarios and that it'll be much better for you for real! I've got a terrible threshold with pain - especially period pains i'd have to lie down coz they got so bad and then my friend told me the other day that the contractions are like your worst ever period pain times a hundred!! It's gotta be done though hasn't it!!

oh blimey - really - eekkk
I used to throw up when i had period pains sometimes and also was sometimes bed ridden - i'm not good with pain either

xxx

Hmm, Watford sucks, since they closed Maternity at Hemel and St Albans some years before they are overloaded. Had first there but number 2 is going to be at Lister since we moved out of area (still both work in ST A). QEII used to be the option if you could get them to take you but beware Watford - lost notes, forgot we were even there in Knutsford too until went looking to be discharged!

Hmm, Watford sucks, since they closed Maternity at Hemel and St Albans some years before they are overloaded. Had first there but number 2 is going to be at Lister since we moved out of area (still both work in ST A). QEII used to be the option if you could get them to take you but beware Watford - lost notes, forgot we were even there in Knutsford too until went looking to be discharged!

That's one thing I worried about staying in knutsford - that you wouldn't get checked as often as if you were on the ward! (They do look after you afterwards don't they on a ward?)

Well I'm going in knutsford and I was told you get more attention not less - I guess there is always going to be a person who had a bad experience - if they forget me I won't let it bother me.
I ended up at the labour ward to get monitored last week and the midwives were lovely and it was spotless - it made me feel so much better.
My friend had her little girl there last week and said she was really happy with how she was treated on ward

Xxx

Well I'm going in knutsford and I was told you get more attention not less - I guess there is always going to be a person who had a bad experience - if they forget me I won't let it bother me.
I ended up at the labour ward to get monitored last week and the midwives were lovely and it was spotless - it made me feel so much better.
My friend had her little girl there last week and said she was really happy with how she was treated on ward

Xxx

I want to stay in the knutsford but I don't understand the charges, maybe i'm just a bit thick lol!! you pay the deposit and then there's the charge per night so do you get the difference back? xx

Yep exactly that - pay the stupid massive deposit and then get you back the difference.
I love all the extras you get like towels, wash stuff and nappies plus a tv and food menu if you are there longer than 1 day which looks like I might be

xxx

it's mad the deposit isn't it!! we'll prob have to take a loan out to cover the deposit - then pay it back afterwards and prob get charged an early settlement fee lol!!
how soon do u have to book? have u booked your stay there yet? xxx

book when ever you like i was told - i'm booking after my hospital tour on saturday. I was told that even if you book they wont guarentee you will be able to go in if its busy as private people come first but that doenst happen often

xxx

i'm hoping they show us into the knutsford suite on the tour!! mine isn't until 31st july though xx

apprently you do get to see in there on your tour so i heard

xxx

I'll pushing DH in to make sure he gets a good look lol!!!
xx

ha ha thats exactly what i said to my mum today

did u have the day long ante-natal class on saturday or was it just the tour? xx

I have my tour this Saturday coming and day anti natal next Tuesday
had a growth scan yesterday and he is 5lb 2oz and measuring 3 weeks ahead meaning I may have to be induced at 38 weeks

xxx

Yay last half day at work tomorrow! then I can chill out, well when I say chill out... I mean I have loads to do and will be mad busy but at least I don't have to worry about work!

Hope everyone is well!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"