Anyone from St Albans or nearby - come and chat

My oh Rus is very old fasioned and to be honest if he got his way he would sit in the waiting room until baby was born so when it came to the classes i just knew he wouldnt go so i'm on a womens only one - rather than have him moan. Men just dont see the reasons we should go to them

xxx

Yeah not good though because my class is all couples and he keeps saying he might miss a few, I'm thinking that will make me look a right prat! its only another 3 weeks on a monday and a saturday session so he will just have to do it, I have to go to all his football meetings so he can do this for me!! x

exactly if you make the effort for him he should for you - whether or not he feels its a waste of time - i bet when the time comes he will remember some of the things he learnt and then might realise it wasnt a waste of time after all

xxx

He seems to think his job is just to get me to hospital and just be there to whole time it takes, thats it... I said he needs to know this stuff incase I'm in no fit state to make decisions etc. Men hey! they think its all so easy!

ha ha he sounds so much like my oh - he thinks the same - get me there and see what happens - i hope your oh is more patient than mine

xxx

He's not normally, but I'm hoping he will pull it out the bag and be my rock! I did joke about him getting in the pool with me, but he didn't like that idea at all! lol

So frustrating though we have so much on the house to do before baby comes, we have to decorate our bedroom and fit wardrobes before we can move in to it, then we have to do the nursery, I feel so behind and disorganised, but I have to rely on him to do it all, plus we can't really afford him to have the time off work to do, its like a vicious circle!

I hope Rus will be like that too and at the time be brilliant. When i thought i was able to have a water birth i said to him about getting in and he screwed his face up and said with all those bits floating about :rofl:

I'm very lucky that Rus was unemployed when we move and that he is a handyman/builder by trade so whilst not working he has been fixing the house and doing the nursery - i feel the most organised that i have ever been in my life.

xxx

My hubby is an electrician so he's building us an en-suite in the bedroom first, he also has to add some extra power etc. then we need to plaster the en-suite and bedroom needs skimming, the wardrobes are being delivered today but can't be fitted until the rest is done and the carpet is done, I'm past caring what it looks like now, I just want it done so I can start on the nursery!! ow I'm feeling stressed!!! have to remember your hubby incase we need him for anything as it would be local!! :)

oh yes of course not far at all from us - well he is a roofer by trade but does gardening,floor laying, and general maintence and building works- he built the base of our wardrobes and we just bought the doors - i think we are lucky to have partners that can do things.

It will get done but i know how you feel - i suddenly had this urge that everything needs to be done like yesterday :haha:

xxx

You and me both sueh81, thats shocking. Is that today's news or old? We got midwife tomorrow, gonna question her about it! Now I'm definitely staying at home as long as poss and gettin out when I can, being 5 mins walk from there we can't really consider anywhere else x

the article is dated 1st May 2011 so not old at all - i've started to worry myself now over it!! :(

You and me both sueh81, thats shocking. Is that today's news or old? We got midwife tomorrow, gonna question her about it! Now I'm definitely staying at home as long as poss and gettin out when I can, being 5 mins walk from there we can't really consider anywhere else x

the article is dated 1st May 2011 so not old at all - i've started to worry myself now over it!! :(

like i said dont worry - i'm sure there are lots of bits they dont tell you as in the papers its always negitive - also as i said earlier a few of my friends have been there - one a few weeks ago and said it was fine :flower:

xxx

well thats some relief!!
one of my friends had her baby at Barnet and when she went into labour they told her the maternity unit was closed because of some infection outbreak and that she had to stay at home, in the end her baby had been suffering distress while she was still at home and had been eating it's own poo and got a nasty infection which almost killed the baby and the mom!! Terrible story so Watford was the only option for me after that!!

Plus like I said last night I went to the early pregnancy unit and the staff were wonderful

I know theres something to be said for you only read the negatives, especially with the papers. I just happen to find the whole process of impending labour rather scary lol and if hadn't read that wud find something else to add to my list of worries! x

Ahh Hun your not alone I totally feel the same - I'm totally at ease with what hospital but not what's going to happen eekkk

xxx

I guess no hospital is perfect lol! I went to day unit at st albans hospital to have an operation on my cervix a few years ago and there was blood all over the sheet from the previous person the day before!!! bleurgh!!

I don't like at Albans at all I can't believe my oh was born there

xxx

feeling a bit down at the mo and doctor has signed me off work with exhaustion :(
how bout u?
xx

oh no does that mean that you have to start mat leave early/
I'm ok bad back now - sure sign he is getting bigger

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member