Anyone from St Albans or nearby - come and chat

Yay last half day at work tomorrow! then I can chill out, well when I say chill out... I mean I have loads to do and will be mad busy but at least I don't have to worry about work!

Hope everyone is well!! x

oohhh i'm soooo jealous
I'm glad i have pretty much done anything and i intend on watching rubbish tv and doing nothing until he comes :haha:

xxx

Yep I want to rest up! but have so much to do will be a mad few weeks I think then I will really need to try and chill out!

its so weird knowing its not long now - scary to think we could be mummies in 4 weeks - ekkkk

xxx

how's it going angie?? still hanging in there ok? xx

Hiya

Yep still here and still waiting - i have a feeling this sod is going to be late

hows you

xxx

blimey you've only got a week left!!! good luck with everything! I hate playing the waiting game!!

I've been at the hospital 4 times in the last week - they say i've got a big baby he's measuring 36 weeks at the growth scan last week! eeek!! got another scan in 2 weeks time and they'll decide then whether i'll be induced early

xx

yep 1 week left - eekkk

I was told he is going to be big too. At 32 weeks he was estimated at 5lb 3 and at 36 weeks at 7lb 5 and i was told i would be induced because of his size - so i turned up at my consultant at my 38 week appointment kind of expecting him to say ok we are inducing you and he announces that due to regulations they dont induce for big babies and only for something medical like high blood pressure - i wish they had not told me a few weeks before as i got my hopes up - my mw said that she would of given me a sweep had i been just under her care and not the consultant.

xxx

aawwww congratulations on the birth of Alexander James!! He looks absolutely gorgeous!! :)
very well done you - hope you had a good birth xx

Sue, your pregnancy seems to be lasting forever?! I always think you must be nearly there and your not! No one i recognise in baby club, come on baby hayden, hurry up september! x

Thanks sue

yeah my birth was a positive experience I would say - I had been having tightenings all day but they didn't start hurting until 6pm and I had him at 4:50am So it moved pretty fast. I had a epidural which was amazing and I had a 2nd degree tear cos of how fast he came out and had to stay 24 hours cos when my water broke there was meconium.
As for Watford - honestly even tho they were soooo busy and over run I can't fault them one bit - my midwife never left my side when I was in labour and was a fantastic support - everyone was lovely and then when I got on ward the staff were fantastic and were so helpful and supportive. Everyone was so friendly.

Xxx

Sue, your pregnancy seems to be lasting forever?! I always think you must be nearly there and your not! No one i recognise in baby club, come on baby hayden, hurry up september! x

oh believe me it feels like it's lasting forever too!!! I'll find out wednesday if i'm being induced earlier than edd coz he's a porker and measuring 4 weeks bigger than he should be! I bleeming hope so lol!!

Congratulations on the birth of your little Charlie!! :) he's adorable!! Hope you had a good birth too :)
xxx

Thanks sue

yeah my birth was a positive experience I would say - I had been having tightenings all day but they didn't start hurting until 6pm and I had him at 4:50am So it moved pretty fast. I had a epidural which was amazing and I had a 2nd degree tear cos of how fast he came out and had to stay 24 hours cos when my water broke there was meconium.
As for Watford - honestly even tho they were soooo busy and over run I can't fault them one bit - my midwife never left my side when I was in labour and was a fantastic support - everyone was lovely and then when I got on ward the staff were fantastic and were so helpful and supportive. Everyone was so friendly.

Xxx

aawww that sounds fab!! we had our tour on sunday it looked ok and well organised from what we could see!!
you did really well there! I'm hoping for an epidural too - the thought of feeling the tear is the worst thing I could possibly imagine!!! the midwifes are all really nice there too :)
xx

oh believe me it feels like it's lasting forever too!!! I'll find out wednesday if i'm being induced earlier than edd coz he's a porker and measuring 4 weeks bigger than he should be! I bleeming hope so lol!!
xx

They told me they wouldnt induce me just because i was measuring 3 weeks ahead and it looked like he was going to be big - they said it had to be a medical reason why they induce you so i was left to my own devices - luckily he was born 2 days before my due date

xxx

Thanks sue

Xxx

aawww that sounds fab!! we had our tour on sunday it looked ok and well organised from what we could see!!
you did really well there! I'm hoping for an epidural too - the thought of feeling the tear is the worst thing I could possibly imagine!!! the midwifes are all really nice there too :)
xx

As soon as i walked in the labour ward i told the midwife i wanted a epidural so she put the wheels in motion straight away which meant i was only waiting a hour for it

xxx

xx

They told me they wouldnt induce me just because i was measuring 3 weeks ahead and it looked like he was going to be big - they said it had to be a medical reason why they induce you so i was left to my own devices - luckily he was born 2 days before my due date

xxx

maybe it's because of my high glucose and high bmi then as i'm already on diabetes risk and they're treating me as if I have got gd which I thought was odd as the gtt test came negative but I always have high amounts of glucose in my urine! could be wrong though!! xxx

xx

xxx

maybe it's because of my high glucose and high bmi then as i'm already on diabetes risk and they're treating me as if I have got gd which I thought was odd as the gtt test came negative but I always have high amounts of glucose in my urine! could be wrong though!! xxx

yeah i have a high bmi too - strange they are treating you like you if you have it - ahh in that case they probably will at 39 weeks

xxx

xx

xxx

yeah i have a high bmi too - strange they are treating you like you if you have it - ahh in that case they probably will at 39 weeks

xxx

only trouble is as much as I want him here in my arms asap I don't really like the sound of an induction, at the antenatal class yesterday the midwife said how painful the contractions are when you're induced so I hope he comes naturally if thats the case!
I know it was so bizarre - I had to go to the diabetic clinic and learn how to do finger prick tests so I could test my sugars on 3 consecutive days and I was sat there thinking but I ain't got diabetes!!!! ?????
xx

Come on girls, you'll all come along to our meet wont you :flower:. Hope your new lo's are well :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->