Anyone from the United kingdom...

L

LOZANDEVIE

When you went into pre term labour... Did they give you antibiotics to ward off any infections ( if you gave birth vaginally ) ?? x

im from London and i was given IV anti b as i had strep b but had a section

x

When you went into pre term labour... Did they give you antibiotics to ward off any infections ( if you gave birth vaginally ) ?? x

Hi

I was given antibiotics as soon as I experienced PPROM - these continued until Ellis arrived 6 days later. I gave birth vaginally and despite his early appearance his birth was the best experience of my life :winkwink::thumbup:

Not that I know of. I had no idea I was going to give prematurely, it was everything like a full term birth would have been, except i had one set of steriods (I started contractions at 10pm and had her at 6am) and baby was whisked away straight after birth

I had antibiotics while they waited for test results to come back to see if I had an infection. I didn't as it happened. x

I wasnt given any antibiotics and I was in hospital for 6 days before I had them. They stopped my labour twice but third time I was dilating so they didnt bother stopping it again.

My waters broke without having any other labour symptoms so as soon as we got to hospital I had antibiotics to prevent infection. There were ladies on the ward who had been there for 3 weeks after their waters had broken without full blown labour starting and they were all on antibiotics. Baby was also given antibiotics.

I didn't have any from what I can recall, I did get the steroid injections but that was it and those tablets that are meant to stop the labour, what a waste of time they were. When they gave them to me I was convinced I would be at work at 9pm that morning...instead I became a mother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->