Anyone gender swaying?

I half know what you mean. I always wanted a boy then a girl then to be done. So when SO and I were dating and talking about kids and he said he wants 3: two boys then a girl... that took some adjusting mentally haha.

I would love to have 3 or 4! It's going to take some convincing for DH to agree to a 3rd though. :haha:

From what I've read timing doesn't sway at all! I've done a lot of research over the last year and 4 months that I was WTT and I've decided that I'm just going to BD lots to lower DH's sperm count (and because it's fun of course :winkwink:), use Rephresh to keep my pH pretty low throughout my fertile days and do a lot of hoping and praying that I get my :pink: bundle. Of course I'd be happy with another healthy boy, I love my DS more than anything in the world after all and boys are so sweet. It would just be nice to have at least one DD. :blush:

Thats right your PH has more to do with it then timing, for a girl you want low PH , mine is always about a 4 and I have 4 girls so I am walking proof.
:dust:

I just tested my pH today and it's also 4. I'm close to ovulation too when it is supposed to be a bit higher. Maybe I'll get my second girl without doing anything! Would also want twins, boy and girl, but they don't run in my family so not exactly counting on it lol.

Good luck! My brothers are twins (IVF, my step dad's sperm stinks and my mom had a poorly executed tubal thing), and as much as I love them it was so much extra work. And the stress my parents went through the last 5 years saving up for college. And everything x 2 at the same time. SO and I can't do twins. The women in my family periodically ovulate two eggs, and I know I had a cycle late last year where I had two eggs. Terrifies me.

Good luck! My brothers are twins (IVF, my step dad's sperm stinks and my mom had a poorly executed tubal thing), and as much as I love them it was so much extra work. And the stress my parents went through the last 5 years saving up for college. And everything x 2 at the same time. SO and I can't do twins. The women in my family periodically ovulate two eggs, and I know I had a cycle late last year where I had two eggs. Terrifies me.

How do you know you dropped two eggs? Twins would scare me too, just having one newborn was pretty brutal. In my daydream though my twins are perfect babies who sleep through the night from day 1 :haha:

I had an ovarian cyst so once it cleared, I went back a few weeks later to make sure all was good esp since I lost a pregnancy because of it. I happened to be gearing up to ovulate. The gyn said she could see the eggs, but was shocked I had two large eggs. She explained that typically there is one, but sometimes women have two dominant eggs which leads to two eggs that cycle which leads to fraternal twins. She said it is more common in families. I went home and told my mom about the two eggs, and that's when she told me that both she and my grandmother frequently ovulate two eggs.

Some women do regularly release two eggs when they ovulate, it probably has something to do with genetics. There have been twins on both sides of my family but not since my great-grandma/my grandfather's generations. The thought of twins terrifies me but I know that realistically the chances of me having twins are pretty low, especially since I'm young. I have no idea what my pH level is but I'm pretty sure it's fairly low. For just in case I'm using RepHresh though since your pH level can raise during your fertile week. I'd rather have every fluid in my lady bits be a solid 4.5 than a 5+.

Hey ladies,
I hoped to join you. Im ttc my first.
My DH wants a boy and I want a girl but we'll both be happy with either one. Sometimes I wish for a boy to get people off my shoulders who really obsess about boys. The only sway we are using is Baking soda finger. My DH thinks he's swaying boy and I'm using it to increase my chances at conception. We are not timing BD with ovulation as that would lower our chances. And we are really in a rush to become parents :)

I was on the boy sway diet months ago but ditched it as it was gonna add a lot more stress than what already exists. Also I was doing lemon water for anyone who's interested. It's very alkalizing. I know it's acidic outside the body but inside its alkalizing. Very healthy too. Just rinse well after drinking it.

I hope we all get our healthy babies that's the most important thing :)

I was the opposite, from the time that I was 18 and first started thinking about babies I wanted a boy first and then a girl. I guess I always knew somewhere deep inside that my first would be a boy. And he is more beautiful and amazing than I ever could have dreamed or hoped. <3

Aren't we lucky to have had what we desired in the first go!

I half know what you mean. I always wanted a boy then a girl then to be done. So when SO and I were dating and talking about kids and he said he wants 3: two boys then a girl... that took some adjusting mentally haha.

ha ha that must have been big change of plans for you. But, honestly after have gone through first pregnancy I won't mind going for another 3-4(lol). But, my hubby won't agree to that for sure.

When I was younger I always thought that I would want 2 children but now I'm not sure that I would ever stop having babies if DH didn't force me to stop. I love babies too much. Newborn scent and snuggles are pretty addicting and I loved breastfeeding. Sure it had its moments but it was a great bonding experience. DS weaned himself at 15 months though and he's so active and independent that he just doesn't cuddle like he used to anymore. I'm just ready to have another tiny bundle to nurse and snuggle, I miss it so much.

When I was younger I always thought that I would want 2 children but now I'm not sure that I would ever stop having babies if DH didn't force me to stop. I love babies too much. Newborn scent and snuggles are pretty addicting and I loved breastfeeding. Sure it had its moments but it was a great bonding experience. DS weaned himself at 15 months though and he's so active and independent that he just doesn't cuddle like he used to anymore. I'm just ready to have another tiny bundle to nurse and snuggle, I miss it so much.

I can't wait for that!! I did a lot of babysitting in high school and college, and now I am a teacher. Yesterday, I got six hugs from campers. SO (honestly he is one of those I hate all children who aren't blood related to me and even then iffy hahaha) even awwwed. My mom LOVES newborn baby smell. She talks all the time about how good my brothers and I smelled and how she could just sit around sometimes, holding us, and smelling our heads hahaha

The weird thing is, I don't really think that other babies smell very good. I still think they're cute (most of the time) but no babies have ever smelled as good as mine did (and still does even as a toddler). I think it might be a primitive biological thing. DH is the same way, all other babies look the same and are inferior to his, lol. He even told me the other day that he doesn't really like kids with the exception of his own. Holding other people's babies also doesn't feel nearly as natural as holding your own. I remember while I was pregnant worrying about having to support his head during the newborn phase and having to be so careful with him but from the moment they first placed him in my arms it was like my instincts kicked in and I knew exactly what to do with him.

Thats right your PH has more to do with it then timing, for a girl you want low PH , mine is always about a 4 and I have 4 girls so I am walking proof.
:dust:[/QUOTE]

lisap2008: how do you test your pH? just the regular litmus paper - stick it inside, pull out and check? or is there a special test? I reeeaaalllly want that second girl lol so will do maaaannny things to make it happen :haha: lol

Well you of course wash your hands well then check your CM and then rub your finger with the cm on the PH strip then wait the 10 seconds or whatever to see what color it turns and compare it to the color strips on the side of the bottle. wash hands again lol, hope this helps.:haha:

We are thinking of swaying girl, mostly because our daughter really really wants a sister, and also because we love our daughter so much we want another. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a boy too, and would be excited with a boy because it would be a new experience, but something about two girls sounds great to me (not to mention not having to buy new clothes lol). Anyway, I'm just wondering if other people are swaying, and what method they plan to use?

This is pretty much my exact situation as well! We have a DD who says she wants a baby sister and has for forever. She is probably too young to know what she's even talking about but she is still adamant and is sticking to her guns and it makes me want a girl so much more. That, the fact that I feel like we would have a boy that would be incredibly tiny and short (stupid reason but it's at the back of my mind :haha: ) and the fact that we only plan on one more so it would be SO much easier to not have to buy all new things lead me to try swaying. My attempt last month was so much better than this month, oops, so if this ends up being my month I won't be confident at all in my sway . I got sick and didn't plan on even trying this month so my sway attempt was a last minute effort. Also I feel like attempting to sway will jinx me to have the opposite gender ha. Oh well, healthy baby is all that matters!

Well you of course wash your hands well then check your CM and then rub your finger with the cm on the PH strip then wait the 10 seconds or whatever to see what color it turns and compare it to the color strips on the side of the bottle. wash hands again lol, hope this helps.:haha:

That's how I did it too. I'm not sure what chemicals they use on those strips so I did not want to just stick one up there!

We are thinking of swaying girl, mostly because our daughter really really wants a sister, and also because we love our daughter so much we want another. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a boy too, and would be excited with a boy because it would be a new experience, but something about two girls sounds great to me (not to mention not having to buy new clothes lol). Anyway, I'm just wondering if other people are swaying, and what method they plan to use?

This is pretty much my exact situation as well! We have a DD who says she wants a baby sister and has for forever. She is probably too young to know what she's even talking about but she is still adamant and is sticking to her guns and it makes me want a girl so much more. That, the fact that I feel like we would have a boy that would be incredibly tiny and short (stupid reason but it's at the back of my mind :haha: ) and the fact that we only plan on one more so it would be SO much easier to not have to buy all new things lead me to try swaying. My attempt last month was so much better than this month, oops, so if this ends up being my month I won't be confident at all in my sway . I got sick and didn't plan on even trying this month so my sway attempt was a last minute effort. Also I feel like attempting to sway will jinx me to have the opposite gender ha. Oh well, healthy baby is all that matters!

Why do you think a boy would be tiny and short? I don't think I swayed very well. I'm pretty sure I ovulated yesterday, and my pH was 6 just for that day. Today back to 4. I ate cranberry and sugar in the evening to acidity my body but it was probably too late. We dtd Friday night so two days before, not sure if that will work in my favour or not. Anyway, time will tell, assuming I even get pregnant this cycle!

Noob question, where do you get these strips? Lol and are they specific for vaginal ph or just any old ph strip lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->