Anyone gender swaying?

laughingduck

Mother of one daughter
Reaction score
We are thinking of swaying girl, mostly because our daughter really really wants a sister, and also because we love our daughter so much we want another. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a boy too, and would be excited with a boy because it would be a new experience, but something about two girls sounds great to me (not to mention not having to buy new clothes lol). Anyway, I'm just wondering if other people are swaying, and what method they plan to use?

I am not intention swaying, and I can't resist SO so swaying would never work haha. But we would love a boy. So I am secretly glad we haven't BD and O is probably coming tomorrow or the day after. Which works well since tomorrow is a potential bd day

Actually I read that diet is more important than timing as far as swaying! With a boy eat lots of salt and lots of food in general, especially alkaline foods. For a girl, eat less and more acidifying foods. So you may be able to sway and not have to resist SO ;)

I have to admit there is a part of me that really wants a boy too, I wish I could have twins- a boy and a girl! We are stopping at two so that would be my only way to get both.

Two is a great number! And I did not hear about the diet. This month says boy for Chinese gender so hehe. We will see. I had my 7th flashing smile though so hoping I get a solid in 6 hours

Oops I didn't know about diet! Been eating loads of salty foods and huge amounts of food in general this cycle..I'm not swaying but would secretly love a girl. Then again we BD'd SO much this cycle I don't think I have a chance of having a girl haha! x

We will be swaying girl - I have tried to cut down on sodium/potassium and both hubby and I are eating more acidifying foods and gave up caffeine - one of the doctors I work with even told me to drink a diet gingerale every afternoon because the artificial sugar makes the body very acidic - I REALLY want another girl! I love my nephew but I don't know how I would handle a boy... I guess I have a 50% chance of finding out lol

I'm hoping for another girl (I have one of each), but would be happy with either a girl or a boy. On a two month break from ttc, but when we start up again, we will not be doing anything in particular to sway. Leaving it to pure chance.

Were swaying for a boy because we already have 4 girls and because the boy sway improves conception odds, but of course we will be overjoyed for a healthy baby regardless of gender.

From what I've read timing doesn't sway at all! I've done a lot of research over the last year and 4 months that I was WTT and I've decided that I'm just going to BD lots to lower DH's sperm count (and because it's fun of course :winkwink:), use Rephresh to keep my pH pretty low throughout my fertile days and do a lot of hoping and praying that I get my :pink: bundle. Of course I'd be happy with another healthy boy, I love my DS more than anything in the world after all and boys are so sweet. It would just be nice to have at least one DD. :blush:

Haha well honestly I have read there's nothing you can do at home, but it's fun to think so. :) if we end up needing help to conceive then we'll fork over the extra money for sex selection. SO wants two boys and a girl in that order

I am swaying for boy. We have a sweet daughter and would be happy to have a perfect family but, ofcourse we would be happy with girl also. My hubby doesn't care about the gender but, it's me who wants a lil boy.

I hope that you both get your boys! They are so wonderful and if I had to chose only one gender for all of my babies I would definitely rather have all boys. :cloud9:

Aww thanks. I'm honestly biased towards girls, but my mom is Asian and definitely has first born male syndrome, my MIL just values boys more and wants their family name carried on, and SO is the same. And I am a people pleaser so I would feel like pooh if I gave them all a girl first

Aww I'm sorry that your family is putting so much pressure on you to have a boy. Remember that if you do have a girl, it isn't your fault, it's your DH's. :winkwink:
In all seriousness though whatever is meant to happen will happen and you will love your little bundle no matter what gender they happen to be. I was actually secretly hoping for a girl last time (I think family pressure got to me, everyone wanted me to have a girl) but I was so in love with my little bean from the very first :bfp: that I wasn't disappointed at all to see obvious boy bits on the ultrasound screen. :cloud9:

From what I've read timing doesn't sway at all! I've done a lot of research over the last year and 4 months that I was WTT and I've decided that I'm just going to BD lots to lower DH's sperm count (and because it's fun of course :winkwink:), use Rephresh to keep my pH pretty low throughout my fertile days and do a lot of hoping and praying that I get my :pink: bundle. Of course I'd be happy with another healthy boy, I love my DS more than anything in the world after all and boys are so sweet. It would just be nice to have at least one DD. :blush:

Thats right your PH has more to do with it then timing, for a girl you want low PH , mine is always about a 4 and I have 4 girls so I am walking proof.
:dust:

Haha love it! It was his sperm!!! :) Yeah, I'm in love already and I haven't conceived haha. Aria if it's a girl, Aidan if it's a boy. I just want healthy and happy.

I wonder if genetics can play any part. SO is one of two boys. I'm the only girl of four kids. My dad was one of five boys. My mom was split two boys and two girls, but her sister was from a different dad.

I love the name Aria but DH is not sold. We've been tossing several girl names around but we haven't really talked much about boy names. Last time we had the opposite problem.

I wonder if genetics plays a role as well. My mom's side tends to produce more girls than boys and DH is the only boy of at least 4 children that FIL has fathered so I'm hopeful.

I hope that you both get your boys! They are so wonderful and if I had to chose only one gender for all of my babies I would definitely rather have all boys. :cloud9:

Thank you. The thought of having boy is really alien for me though. Because from my teenage days I always wanted a girl when I decide to have baby.And just thinking about having boy puts me in totally different mindset:dohh:

I was the opposite, from the time that I was 18 and first started thinking about babies I wanted a boy first and then a girl. I guess I always knew somewhere deep inside that my first would be a boy. And he is more beautiful and amazing than I ever could have dreamed or hoped. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->