• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

anyone get benifits that can help???

B

bbkf

I think I might be entitled to disability or something for my daughter. She has a few different probs. How does it work??? If I ask the job center will they tell me straight away if she is entitled, do I give them a letter saying what's wrong with her or will they ask for her medical notes or speak to her HV or something??

Any advice on how it works ect would be appreciated??

Thanks

Hi,

I have just put in a claim for my daughter. I believe it is done on a case by case basis. You have to prove that your daughter needs more care than other children her age.

You need to get the claim form to begin with and take to your local CAB and ask if they can help you fill it in, because trust me the form is a nightmare.

Once it is filled in and sent back it is given to decision makers who may then contact your daughter's GP or consultant. Once they hear back from DR's they then make their decision.

I was told that you'll likely get turned down on the first attempt, but if that happens to appeal their decision.

I hope that helps, feel free to pm me if you need anymore info

Jess
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back