Anyone get their BFP on Femera/Letrozole??

Hey Nik - I'm sorry. I know how you feel! I just had someone tell me they got prego on their honeymoon. But then I remind myself that they have no idea I'm trying to get prego too!! Ahhh it is so frustrating!

Did the RE say you can do injections or move to IVF? I would see about injections and see if that does the trick.

As for me, I'm on my second round of provera and praying I start my period this time. I have basically wasted a month taking pills and waiting for my cycle!!! Grrr!

We have an appt with the RE in early nov. it will be our first appt. I plan on hitting the ground running and asking for as much injections, etc as she will give me. I won't take femara again bc it didn't work the first time. So I'm hoping she will work with me. I tend to be a little pushy with my drs though.

Let me know what the RE says!

Did your RE start running tests right away or do some treatments first (like IUI, etc)?

Good to hear from you! I hope that AF shows up for you very soon! RE told us we could do either IVF or injections, but sugested we just go straight for IVF. Injections will cost us $3500 vs. IVF at $15000. so we think we will just start saving and go for IVF next year :/ but atleast there is a near future in sight lol. Heres a brief history of me and how our appts went
2009-2010 OB/Gyn ran day 3 and day 21 tests which were all normal/ HSG, all chear\Husband had SA done (showed very abnormal results) so she wanted to refer us to a RE after 1 yr and said he was basically infertile :(
2010-2011 (moved on to a new and better OB/Gyn) She did more lab work, which was normal, Imediately put me on clomid for 4 cycles, all BFN so she refered us to a RE
2012- At our 1st appt she talked to us about continuing clomid but uping the dosage and said if that didnt work after a few months to try Clomid plus IUI. so after 5 more failed clomid cycles (including 4 IUIs) we had another appt. where I had bloodwork taken (all normal) and said basically we are down to IVF or Injectables... :( but is letting me take the letrazol but it didnt work last month so im very doubtfull for next month. Sorry that was extreamly long!! Hope I didn't bore you too much! :) How has your journey gone so far?

Not too long at all!! Well our journey has been short....our first cycle was last month with femara. Since it didn't work I wanted to move to injections but my freaking period won't start!!!! DH had an SA with really good results. So it's just a matter of getting my follicles to mature!! Sounds so simple....but not at all. I actually don't know if I have any other issues because I haven't been tested for much so far.

Thankfully we have amazing insurance and will have a few shots at IVF if we need to go there. If nothing has happened by feb of next year I'll be asking for IVF.

How was the HSG? I'm nervous about it if I have to do it!

That's awesome that your insurance covers!! My hubby is a self employeed Farmer and I am a self employeed Hair Stylist so we are just screwed when it comes to individual health insurance lol. The Hsg wasnt too bad honostly. I took an 800 mg ibprofren and I did have some minor discomfort and some cramping but nothing bad at all. I think the more relaxed you are, the better. Also, maybe ask your Dr. about clomid. I did ovulate on it but not concieve.

Well it looks like I'm not ovulated at all:(:( in having breakthrough bleeding and have to take progesterone for 10 days to get my really AF back then we can try again... Ughhh. How are you?

I'm still taking the provera (progesterone). I also take it for 10 days so I'll be out of pills by the end of this week! I'm ready to get going! Feeling like this month was a waste bc I kept trying to get my period to start. Ugh!!

We are in the same boat aren't we?! Maybe AF will show for us the same day:) Do you know what the difference between provera and prometrium?

It may be the generic. They are probably the same thing just different names

Did you ovulate on the first round? Thanks so much for your success story!! Congrats on your BFP!!!!Gives me much hope:)

Thanks! I did ovulate on my first round. Actually my progesterone test I said didn't o on this round, but obviously I did. :haha: I got a +opk the day before the blood test, so I guess I o'ed after that.

Good luck to you!

Good to hear from you typeA! I'm doing ok I guess. We decided we are just going to take a break and try to save $ for next year this time and do Ivf. I found out last week that three of my close friends are pregnant so I had a melt down but I will be a mommy someday just not right now. We are trying to buy a house so that will keep me occupied! How are you doing??

I'm ok. Still TTCing. I finished two rounds of clomid...no mature follicle. So now. I'm on injections of follistim every night. I go back for a blood test on Sunday to see if my follicles are responding at all. If they do we will have an IUI once the follies are ready. I know how you feel about everyone else getting pregnant. It's crazy. And my favorite are the "accidents". Lovely.

Nik!!!! so happy to see that you are pregnant!!! i hadn't heard from you in a while and when i checked back i saw your ticker! CONGRATS!!

Thank you!!! Yes I'm SOOOO excited:) and I did get my BFP the month after taking clomid! We had decided to put our ttc on hold for a while and bought our dream house, well two days after buying our house I found out I was preggers!! So ladies, miracles do happen! We were told we would have to do invitro. Never lose hope:) how are you doing type a???

That is so awesome!!! Congrats again! I had my first IUI a few weeks ago and it resulted in a BFN. So we are trying again. Last time I only had one egg mature. Thus time I'm praying for more!!!

Thank you!!! Yes I'm SOOOO excited:) and I did get my BFP the month after taking clomid! We had decided to put our ttc on hold for a while and bought our dream house, well two days after buying our house I found out I was preggers!! So ladies, miracles do happen! We were told we would have to do invitro. Never lose hope:) how are you doing type a???

Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->