Anyone get these comments too...

manduh726

She calls me momma
Reaction score
When buying tests at stores do you ever get comments like oh are these all for you? or Congratulations (Yes I have been told this once.)! I have even been laughed at.

Its gotten to the point where I beg someone else to buy them for me or make an excuse like this is for a party as a gag.

Now usually when I am buying the dollar ones I will get 4 or 5 and that's when the comments come.

But does anyone else get embarrassed or who have people say these things to you?

I buy in bulk online so i get to avoid all that. I'm always worried i would bump into someone i know who didn't know we were ttc.

Yeah I just bought a bunch on amazon because of it.

Maybe I'm different, because I kind of tell people off if they say something they shouldn't.

I'm sorry people have been rude to you and some have gotten past your privacy just to start a conversation. It's not pleasant at all :growlmad:

Ordering online is the safest way to avoid this (and it's sometimes cost-efficient too). :thumbup:

The other day I was getting some and the check out lady started to say something and my mom quickly said did you get enough for the party. She knows how I feel. I love my mom she saved me lol.

Moms are always our best bet as life savers <3 Kudos to your mom for preventing any unwanted input :)

I always get funny looks as I walk in with my double buggy and son and have like 8 packs of 3 lol

I usually buy mine online for that reason too. I already get comments like "so when are you having children then" some people are so insensitive and don't have a clue what people have to go through when TTC!!!

I know. We need to write a book on what not to say lol

I love the self checkout but at my local store a the has self checkout they keep their tests locked up so you have to ask for help

No... honestly I just go through self checkout. Nobody bothers me there. :)

Wow, I'm sorry that happens to you! I've never had that happen to me before, even when I was at the dollar store and had a literal basket full - 10 OPKs and 10 pregnancy tests, the cashier didn't say anything to me. However, a couple times when we had oopsies before we were ready to try and we bought a single test box in a panic, then we got the side-eye a few times, but no comments.

That sucks :-( I buy mine online (alot cheaper here in Australia). If I have to buy them at the store I will probs go through the self serve checkout.

i hate buying them!! Feel a bit self conscious anyway, so this is worst. One time I was getting some, a friends teenage step daughter was in the shop and I was just so paranoid she'd seen!!!

I would use the self checkout but a lot of supermarkets seem to have security tags on them, so you would have to get assistance anyway, so I'd rather just go through a normal checkout than have to call over the assistant at the self checkout!! Even the tescos ones I bought this morning have a security tag on and they're only £3.50!!

When I was in the early stages of being pregnant with my son (and paranoid that I wasn't pregnant anymore) I was buying tests and the clerk at Walgreens said "Ooh, I hope this is a good thing and not an accident!" I kinda couldn't believe she had said that and just smiled weirdly and left. Now I'm always terrified that someone will say something.

I live in a small town- if I bought tests at our local supermarket the gossip would start spreading faster than my pee would hit the stick!!
I prefer online !!

It's awful. People think they are being funny or cute but they are just leaving mental scars.

I am not trying now but when I was a woman asked how old I was :growlmad: She also said "maybe next time be a bit more careful" and handed me a pamphlet on contraception. I do look young without make up on, (i got id'd for a scratch card) but even if i was under 16 she should never speak to another person like that, when i told her (at the time) actually i am 20, had my own house, had a job, and was engaged to my partner of 5 years and it is none of her business to make comments on my life, as i said this her manager came out from the back and asked to speak to her in private :haha: Not gonna lie I am kinda happy she got into shit, haven't seen her working there since but she was always kinda rude.

I had a couple of tests in my weekly shop and the checkout lady leaned over and said quietly 'are those for you?' I was shocked enough then but she followed it with 'what do you want the result to be?' Then went on for ages about how nice it is to be pregnant and how much she loves being a mum... I was actually furious

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->