Anyone getting shortness of breath often?

yhl80

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone starting to feel out of breath often? I'm 25w 4d now, it has been getting difficult in the past week or so. I live in a two storey house, and it is getting really rough to go up and down the house, I get shortness of breath really quick. It doesn't help that I have asthma also, sometimes I have to sit down for a while to decide if it was my asthma or just temporary short of breath. I guess the last trimester will be even more crazy. :wacko:

Anyone with tips?

Wish I had tips, but sadly I don't. I get winded very easily. Sometimes I can dash through the house playing with my kitty and be just fine, but most of the time, just getting out of bed or standing up from a chair makes me exhausted and I feel like I can hardly breathe.

Completely empathise! I went into hospital last night after suffering this for the last three days and then suddenly got worse last night. Could not manage to eat more than a cup of water and couple of dates all day, as more would aggravate shortness of breath. They gave me some ranitidine and said it was bad case of indigestion/gas. I know that space will get smaller once you get to the end of second trimester and will only get worse in third trimester. My advice would be eat little and often and try and exercise and avoid foods that cause gas like the plague. For me that meant giving up my beloved coffee:nope:

I get it all the time, it pretty much doesn't matter what I'm doing. It even happens when I'm just eating or laying in bed. My boyfriend goes "there you go breathing all hard again!!" I can't wait to get this baby out just so he can quit teasing me:haha:

I get it too....i thought it was the weight gain, but i feel like i am huffing and puffing like a very obsese unfit person.....i was worrying a bit thinking i had damaged my body, so i am glad that it seems a normal part of pregnancy/.xx

I can relate also, on doing the School & Nursery trips through the week, almost kills me! :blush: but I just try to keep pushing myself, so I am not walking a snail pace lol

I hope it eases off for us all xx

Thanks ladies, glad I'm not alone! I can't wait till I deliver bub, I guess I'll just have to deal with this for a while longer. Hope everyone is doing well though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"