Anyone gone off all food and drink?

LaughOutLoud

Reaction score
Im 9 weeks and since I hit 6 weeks, ive been feeling very nauseous. Ive not been physically sick but every food/drink makes me feel sick. Even the thought of it makes my stomach hurt and churn.

I try eating what I fancy but there isn't anything I fancy. My tastebuds have gone funny. My mums been cooking for DD and DH and ill have what I think I can stomach but my portions have gone smaller and im skipping meals. I tend to just eat in the evening and not eat anything all day (just a cup of tea in the morning).

Also, after I had DD (who is now 4), my uterus never went back to normal. Not trying to frighten anyone, I have other health issues which probably contributed. I looked pregnant before I was pregnant and now my stomach is actually looking smaller than before.

Should I be concerned?

I really wouldn't worry :hugs: you have probably lost some weight due to lack of food but you would have to be seriously mal nourished for it to affect your baby. I can relate I hate thinking about food, hate deciding what I'm going to eat and hate cooking for everyone else. I can't even drink tea or coffee at all the thought makes me gag lol I have just forced down a salad which if I'm honest is the healthiest thing I have eaten in weeks!! I just live on toast.

WSS^ ^

I went a couple of weeks where all I could eat was cottage cheese and Marmite on toast and even that was pushing it. And another week where I could only manage fruit pastels and lucozade....just.

Unless you were seriously malnourished before pregnancy and your still managing to drink (even sips of water regularly) you should be fine.

Celesse cottage cheese at least has high levels of protein in it which is what your baby needs for normal development.

If you're too sick to eat you need to see a doctor. There are perfectly safe anti-nausea pills you can take to help you out. Being malnourished can effect your baby's future. Try to get some protein down. You don't want a developmentally challenged baby.

I just had the nurse on the phone to me as I rang them this morning asking to speak with midwife. Anyway, she said that its nothing to worry about and common at this stage. She told me to have lucozade tablets for energy and try to force myself to eat. I told her I can really manage to only force myself in the evening and nothing all day. She wasn't worried and as im not physically throwing up, I guess I just have to carry on.

Yes I'm the same, was like it when pregnant with my DD too around this stage, It's really hard to do the weekly online grocery shop when the thought of eating anything doesn't appeal. I would say I've only been mildly nauseous but I still don't really want to eat or drink.

My mw said the baby is living off prepregnancy stores in the first trimester so that helped put me at ease. Weeks 6 to 9 were the very worst for me so fx you'll be on the road to eating soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->