Anyone gonna attempt and DIY wedding bits?

kezza2012

Reaction score
I have seen sooooo many DIY bits that i would love to try and do myself! wether i have the patience or not is a totally different matter! lol
I did try out some glittered wine glasses, and i love how my trial run turned out,considering i didnt do it properly and taping off parts of the glass so its all neat and tidy lol i will probably do them for the champagne flutes for me, OH and BM's for the toasts. i have attached a pic of the glasses, and i love love love this cake stand https://diy.weddingbee.com/topic/our-cake-stand​

Attachments

• 248491_10151246651083973_625062789_n.jpg
    248491_10151246651083973_625062789_n.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 12
I'm making loads myself for our wedding. Well, as much as possible!

That cake stand is pretty awesome though. I think I could convince the OH to do something like that for ours. I hasn't even though about a cake stand tbh :wacko: Love the glasses too x

i love the cake stand, i am really tempted to give it ago, it seems quite simple to do really

I wanna do our centre pieces... Am currently thinking goldfish bowls with fairy lights and clear pebbles and a pink gerbera on top of mirror plate with crystal sprinkles...

Wow the glasses look fab!

We are doing the centrepieces ourselves, we are having either vases or fish bowls with each table filled with a different sweet!

Also doing our table plan, I think I'm going to get a big vintage looking mirror and write the table plan onto it!

I can't think if I'm doing anything else, I'm not crafty in the slightest!

I love the flutes, very pretty. I am doing most of my bits for the wedding. So far I have done invitations, save the date cards, name cards, thank you cards, favor boxes and centre pieces.

I just got married (20th Sept) and we did most of it ourselves - we made our own invites - simple black and white on plain white card, i made my cake with the help of my cousin, did the favours myself after ordering the bits from amazon, my new Bro in Law made our wedding post box and i made the seating chart from a cheap painting canvas.

It was very fun and rewarding to do these myself and everyone commented on how nice they all looked - and it helped relax me whilst planning instead of worrying over every little detail!

Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->