Anyone good at CVs?

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
I need to email mine off tonight and was wondering if someone could have a quick look over for me?

Constructive criticism is what I'm looking for, so feel free to be harsh!

i worked at a recrutment agency and delt with the cvs if u need any help :)

yay that would be fab! Shall I upload it here, or would you prefer email?

Thanks! Gimme two secs, I'll try and upload it here.

no problem also so i no what type of job ru going for cuz its good to high light points in ur cv that suits the job ur goin for also a covering letter helps to wen sending off a cv! if im pointing the obviuos ignore me lol

CV is here, let me know if it doesn't work properly as I use a Mac computer and have had to format it for windows.

I'm going for a media job, and this is what they list as their desirable qualities on the job advert:

Essential Attributes:

Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information in a clear and persuasive way for a range of audiences, tailored to each audience and to a tight deadline.

Excellent organisational skills with experience in planning and managing communications projects, identifying conflicting demands, establishing clear priorities and delivering objectives to a tight deadline.

Ability to deal effectively and appropriately with staff at all levels across the MOD as well as external organisations and the public.

Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and external contacts, presenting a professional and appropriate image.

Ability to work flexibly in a busy office environment and to work well with others as part of a team, giving support when required.

Experience of using windows-based software packages including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, electronic mail and the internet.

Ability to write a press release accurately to a tight deadline.

Desirable Attributes:

Knowledge of the structures and systems of the RAF, national and local government, with experience of working in a press office or similar experience.

Experience of drafting and managing media campaign plans/events.

Experience of considering the media strategically

Attachments

• NicCV.doc
    33 KB · Views: 20
Oh, and I have to write a detailed two page cover letter. I usually write a short paragraph, I had no idea where to start! :dohh:

But I would appreciate an opinion on whether or not from my CV I may be suited for the job. Jobs are vaery, very rare up here hence me looking outside my industry.

do u mind if i do abit of moving around and "tidying" up of ur cv while i read then i will post it bk to u?

Nope, not at all. That would be great!

If your on windows though it may look different to how it looks to me as I'm on a Mac. Apparently the paragraph spacing doesn't show up properly. :)

i am on windows yes! ile explain what ive done incase it looks very different.

i have changed the order of what u have written, also always do ur cv in ariel font size 11, make a space between the date and place u worked. date comes before the place and ur job title will help.

also add ur contact details to the top of ur cv (including name address email and contact numbers) also seen as it is a raf job also add you have knowledge of the raf and in the section u r applyin for.

Thanks hun, that helps lots :)

I'll be putting RAF stuff in my cover letter, and I just took my details off so I could post it up here.

:hugs:

oh right ok thats cool! it might also help to have on ur cv about the raf aswel as they might not pay attention to ur cover letter. some ppl dont.

View attachment NicCV[1].doc

your cv sounds fine to me for what ur going for :)

Good luck hop[e u get the job i no how it is being in a hard area to find anything. im goin for a job in the council nerve racking lol

What, you mean my work experience? Dont be only one of those jobs was fun :lol:

Haha, well they look amazing! Mine is total crap, I cant find a decent job to save my life :cry:

what do you do? Are you looking for something else hun?

I was an Office Manager for 3 years until the company went bankrupt which kind of tars my CV, I went to a recruitment and temp agency straight after and they completely ripped me to pieces saying I had NO experience, all they might have for me is filing but they have more qualified people, I should go back to college etc (to do what, I do not know because the college doesn't offer any business related courses). I applied for hundreds of jobs but got nothing so just took a bar job which a family member got me but its at a golf club and no work between October and March so I went to uni this Oct to do a Law degree and hate it. I'm back at work but only had 10 or so hours for the past 3 weeks, not really enough:(

I done an A level while working as an office manager, stupidly thinking it would be more worthwhile than an NVQ, but how wrong was I :(

Now I am pregnant its just getting me down as I feel I wont be supporting the child properly :cry:

I'm in a career state at the minute. (have a thread in home, life and relationships called Career Panic).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->