• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone got a steam floor cleaner and/or a handheld vacuum cleaner

mumj18

Reaction score
Looking for some recommendations for both really. The steam cleaner is for my laminate and the handheld vacuum is for hoovering crumbs off of the work surfaces as wiping them with a cloth gives me the heebie jeebies. Would also like handheld vacuum for stairs as these get covered in oose, hay etc from OHs manky socks but would feel funny using the same one for kitchen surfaces and stairs. Is there one that the nose can come off and be washed? That would be perfect. Either that or I just buy a real cheapie for the kitchen as surely lifting crumbs from a smooth surface doesn't need huge suction power?

If anyone understood that one long paragraph and has any suggestions/recommendations then I'd love to hear them x x

I've got the Vax Bare Floor Pro Steam cleaner :thumbup:

I use it on my laminate and it's brilliant :happydance: Quick, easy and gets the floors cleaner than any other type of mop/cleaner I've ever used.

I also use it on my carpets - it works brilliantly to lift out spills and stains and is especially good if one of the children has been sick as it sterilises too so the smell vanishes :D

Thanks! Do you mind me asking roughly how much that model is? They vary so much!

I have the vax centrix steam cleaner, it seems good, works well, the leed is annoying long but I have a massive house with huge rooms, so I think it's more to do with that,must the playroom, the smaller of my two main rooms, is 30 ft long asks it no where near reaches that! I love it otherwise though.

I'm a dyson person, my ball dyson is my best appliance, I love it.

My parents got us the handheld dyson, they have the turbo one and got is the basic one when it was on offer, it's great, I use it several times a day. You have to keep it on charge a lot, but worth it. Much easier than dragging the big dyson out several times.

Thanks! Do you mind me asking roughly how much that model is? They vary so much!

My DH bought it for me so I'm not entirely sure how much he paid for it but I think around £80 on Amazon ... I'm sure I've seen it for less than that elsewhere though :thumbup:

It came with 3 floor pads that velcro to the botton/floor bit (that was technical :rofl: ), two bottles of detergent (it has a water tank and a detergent tank and different settings so you can choose just steam or steam and cleaning fluid), a stand for when you aren't using it and a gadget which raises it a little higher for when you use it on carpets.

I love the fact that it's ready to use so quickly ... it's literally a case of plug it in and go :happydance:

Thanks both of you :)
Will look at some prices for these ones. Fed up of the floors being sticky with detergent! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->