Anyone got good remedies for horrendous mouth ulcers?

katy1310

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Aaaargh, I'm in so much pain! It probably sounds dramatic but it's actually making me feel sick! I was at the dentist on Thursday and since then I've had 3 mouth ulcers really close together on the inside of my cheek just next to where he was working and they are absolutely huge. I've never had such painful ones before, and they hurt ALL the time because they are against my teeth. Eating is almost impossible and talking really hurts too.

I've been putting Anbesol on but that only helps for a few minutes then I'm in agony again :cry:

Ive got the same problems with them also coz my stupid wisdom teeth are giving me grief. I went out and brought some iglu witch helps and it coats a film over them to help against rubbing of the teeth. I also would try a mouth full of whisky which really numbs them. Ive also been using warm salted water to rinse around my mouth. You could try any of these might help:shrug:

:hugs: i get them quite alot and they're horrible! I use Corsodyl mouthwash, it doesn't actually help much at the time but for some bizarre reason they always go the next day, whereas if i don't use this 3x a day, they last around a week! xx

I don't know what kind of products they have in the UK, but in the US there are products like Peroxyl, which is basically mouthwash with hydrogen peroxide in it. It debrides the sores and helps them heal faster. I love it, and I also use numbing gel.

Vegemite! If you can get that you'll be laughing :) but i don't know if you sell that in te uk? Also try salt! It hurts but works, just rub it into the area :/

Hope they go away soon :)

I agree with Jenna092. Salt works very well against mouth ulcers. It hurts a bit, but it makes them clear up quite quickly!

Rinse your mouth every half an hour-hour with warm salted water. Rinsing should be two minutes at the minimum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->