anyone got pregnant with little to no CM

soon2 b wifey

A Mrs going for Mommy
Reaction score
Just curious to see if there are any ladies here who got pregnant when no cm was present. Or when there was little CM present. is it possible?

It can happen, but the sperm have to work a lot harder. It's one of the reasons they say preseed can help if you don't have a lot of CM because it makes it a little easier for the sperm to swim where they need to go without expending all their energy reserves just getting there. I didn't use preseed; instead, since I had little to no CM, I took EPO (evening primrose oil) from CD1 till OV. I didn't notice any difference the first month, but the second month I had lots of fertile CM and it's also the month I got my BFP. I think the EPO/more CM made all the difference.

I don't have a lot of cm so I used preseed. The first month using it I got pregnant. So I'm not 100% sure if that's why I got pregnant but it definitly helped lol

Thank you. Me and dh were just wondering since we have been good with temping and bding on the right days and it hasn't happened yet. where do you find evening primrose oil. I've never really heard of it.

I didn't get cm when I was ttc at first....then I read online that cm is very very critical for conception becuase if there is not enough of it and is too thick the spermies will not be able to swim and find the eggie.

So I immediately began drinking water. I drank nothing but water. I made it mandatory for me to drink 70-80 ounces of water a day. No joke. A month and a half later I am pregnant!!!! I noticed that I got cm that next cycle after I started drinking water.

If you are not well hydrated, your body cannot function properly. You need lots of blood flow to bring nutrients to your womb, and only after you body is well hydrated will you start to produce good quality cm.

Not everybody needs 8 glasses of water a day. It depends on your weight. In pounds you are to divide your weight in half. That amount is what you should be drinking every day....a doctor told me the month before I got pg...to drink more than that. I weight 140, so divided in half is 70...so I worked to drink 80 ounces daily. Also you want to drink Smartwater or something with electorlites every other day too. To keep the balance.

I say drink more water. Hydrate your body.

Thank you. Me and dh were just wondering since we have been good with temping and bding on the right days and it hasn't happened yet. where do you find evening primrose oil. I've never really heard of it.

It's available at the store where you would find other vitamins. Like Vit C, etc

I never thought about how important water was to conception either. We were ttc for years...and I never drank water. I would have my usual cup of coffee in the morning for work, and not drink anything else all day. when I got home I would have a glass of something, usually not water and start the dehydrating cycle all over again.

Now I drink, drink and drink. I feel so much better because of it too.

My OB 1) Put me on prenatal vitamins. 2) Told me to drink lots of water and stay hydrated. 3) Chart/use an OPK (which I was doing anyway). 4) Start taking Robitussin (for the active ingredient Guaifenesin which helps makes your CM thinner/egg white consistency) when my period finished until after I ovulated at the maximum dosage.

After 20 months of trying with zero success, one month of doing this and I got knocked up!

I've never had much CM, I had more when I was OVing, but not a lot. It didn't seem to hurt. ;)

Now that I got the BFP it just won't stop. I have to change my pantyliners multiple times a day. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Awww. TTCnumber 2 thanks, you give me hope. that this cycle is possible. if it doesn't work. next cycle i will try the suggestions you ladies have made. thanks again to all of you.

I normally got alot around ov time but the month I got my bpf there was barely anything. It was our first month of trying but I was watching the CM as an indication of ov for a year prior so I knew what to look for. I hadn't started charting or using an opk.

I was sure that month wouldn't be the month becasue for the first time in a year I couldn't tell if I was ovulating hardly any am compared to normal...but here i am anyway!

I normally get loads but the only month I got very little was the month I concieved bizarrely so never give up hope!!

xx

I must admit, I was really anxious when I first joined this site and everyone spoke about EWCM, as to be honest I dont think I have ever had it. Instead, I have had the creamy lotiony type stuff ( TMI) but Id have that preety much 28-32 days of my cycle it never goes away and I always have to wear a panty liner. However, I was very shocked when I got pregnant first cycle I was gutted when I couldnt buy my clear blue fertility monitor :haha:but im happy im pregnant of course :cloud9:

Just curious to see if there are any ladies here who got pregnant when no cm was present. Or when there was little CM present. is it possible?

I did!!

I think that my CM was affected by having treatment for pre cancerous cells on my cervix as this can affect the production of it.

I started taking evening primrose oil and Agnus castus and four weeks later got a :bfp:!!!

So yes, it does happen and we were trying for 5 years before that!

i have been pg 3 times (2 m/c before this pregnancy) and all 3 times i got pregnant 1st cycle - i have always had very very very little cm so yes it is very possible!

I don't have a lot of cm so I used preseed. The first month using it I got pregnant. So I'm not 100% sure if that's why I got pregnant but it definitly helped lol

Same for me- I don't seem to have very much CM so I tried preseed and got pregnant the very first month we tried!

@seity ..... how much epo did you take? I'm virtually dry!!!

I never had much at all and fell pregnant after 2 cycles trying. The cycle I conceived I barely noticed any! I did use Concieve+ though (similar to pressed), so potentially that helped!

I don't have a lot of CM, I certainly can't use it as an indicator of ovulation, I never seem to get egg white CM however I'm pregnant with my second child and we conceived the first month of trying this time (shocked! Took 9 months with our daughter!). I do drink a lot of water so possible that helped! I used preseed with my daughter but didn't use anything this time round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->