Anyone got their prams/pushchairs yet?

the silver cross one just looks soooooo comfy inside all padded and lovely! Im going to look at the quinny buzz and icandy one as well, have to wait and see when ive test run a few. Got to think about what i will use and not use etc, the pram part of the pram is for when i go for long walks with dog and when i go to my parents so baby has somewhere to lay flat while im there...

pram is the hardest thing to buy i think lol xx

think may invest in a quinny though as well, as won't have wasted money as mil and fil bought the pram,i only got a beetle the boot is tiny my oh's car is an astra and the silver cross goes in nicely, i really don't want to sell betty the beetle so will get a didddy pushchair.

I've only got the buggy/travel system and moses basket with stand so far. Both of which were ebay bargains.
I'm just getting one big thing a month, all the little things like clothes and accessories I'll wait until after christmas, as no doubt I'll get given stuff or vouchers as pressies

We've not bought a single thing yet! Although I'm thinking its still early days, right? We've been looking around for prams etc and think we have chosen what we might buy (the ultima 8-in1 combo from mamas and papas - sounds a bit excessive though).

We're gonna wait until the 20 weeks scan (in 4 weeks time!! :happydance:) before buying anything..... then I think I will go shopping-CRAZY :rofl:

i've got the silver cross sleepover too, in the beige colour you like - its FABULOUS. I got it on the linear chassis - not too heavy at all (no baby in it yet though).

Its a "proper" pram and is amazing - i love it, and I've tested out LOADS since I found out I was pregnant
Hope this helps

K xx

i have everything BUT my travel system, i know what one im getting just waitin last min due to lack of space xx

we have the pram from lilly but have been looking at double buggies.

I wonder if any of you ladies know anyone who has had a Mothercare Atlan travel system. Living in Asia my choice is rather limited (loads of locally produced crap though) and what is available is at an inflated price compared to what it would be back home :growlmad:. There is a Mothercare here but it's not carrying anywhere near the full range. The Atlan TS seems the best value (about 200 quid here which I know is about 30 quid more than it is back home) whereas Phil & Teds, Bugaboo, Quinny, etc are more than double (if not triple) that and don't come with the car seat.
I won't be going over any rough terrain and don't want a bulky pram coz my car is like a shoebox on wheels and I'd never fit it in! Is the Mothercare brand reliable? Trustworthy?

Nope not bought mine yet not sure what i want yet, BUT if anyone is interested i am trying to sell a Silver cross - Pistachio Pramette gorgeous in mothercare £375 sorry to advertise on here just incase anyone really wants one!! only been used a handful of times, cosytoes, rain cover, matching change bag and sun shade, all instructions etc...... email me or text/call me o 07856011678!!

DH & I went looking at prams for the first time yesterday. I thought we were being quite organised but now I read that nearly all of you have already bought/ordered your prams and I feel v inadequate! From our forays into M& P and John Lewis we came away with two options - Pilko Switch & a Silver Cross one that I don't even know the name of (how shameful!) We're going to Mothercare and Babies'R'Us at some point to see if there are more options.
Other than that, I've bought a few little bodysuits and a packet of wet wipes, and that's it! The plan is to buy something each month to help spread the cost, and I'm also waiting til the January sales to get more.

I got a silvercross pram given off my aunty and we're getting this one coz of the car seat and foot muff etc

https://www.preciouslittleone.com/acatalog/HKDSSUNTSPP.html

I have almost everything

well im still needing the nappies, breastfeeding stuff

I have just got the silvercross 3d pram system, i love it! Even though im not allowed it in my house, does anyone else know of the superstition no prams in the house until baby is here??

Not bought any of the big stuff yet. For prams we are looking at the M&P Pilko Switch 2-in-1 or the Silver Cross Linear Freeway.

i'm just old fashioned and like prams facing towards me.

That's not at all old fashioned. Prams are back in a major way because it is recognised how important face to face contact between baby and parent is for the baby's communication development.

A word of caution to those looking at the I Candy Apple - it sets off store alarms! https://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews116441.html

I have just got the silvercross 3d pram system, i love it! Even though im not allowed it in my house, does anyone else know of the superstition no prams in the house until baby is here??

I've heard of the superstition but don't believe it.

I dont believe the superstition either , With Finnley i had the pram in the house from day one as it use to be laylas .. And hes a healthy (If not loud lol) 1 year old .
And after 12 weeks i got this ones pram :) .
I agree about the face to face contact i think its very important , With my other 2 i had a travel system and while they were in the carseat bit they looked at me , But soon outgrew it and i couldnt see them and didnt like having them facing away . So iam looking forward to the prammette this time :) . xx .

Yep. My MIL wont let me keep it in our house, so its in her loft until baby is born!

Not bought any of the big stuff yet. For prams we are looking at the M&P Pilko Switch 2-in-1 or the Silver Cross Linear Freeway.

i'm just old fashioned and like prams facing towards me.

That's not at all old fashioned. Prams are back in a major way because it is recognised how important face to face contact between baby and parent is for the baby's communication development.

A word of caution to those looking at the I Candy Apple - it sets off store alarms! https://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews116441.html

I had the linear freeway with my last son and it is gorgeous, thoroughly recommend it. Only downfall is that you cannot fold it with seat unit attached. As for the pliko switch, I also had that but returned it after two weeks as h nothing but problems with it, and its really flimsy feeling. Hope advise helps.

iv not bought my pram yet but iv decided on the phil & teds double, gota save up for it though lol!! all iv bought is clothes and a steriliser, and tbh i dont even remeber what a baby needs lmao you wouldnt beleive iv already had one baby would you lol

iv not bought my pram yet but iv decided on the phil & teds double, gota save up for it though lol!! all iv bought is clothes and a steriliser, and tbh i dont even remeber what a baby needs lmao you wouldnt beleive iv already had one baby would you lol

You should check out Ebay, even if you dont want to go for a second hand one, the new ones on there are cheaper than a lot of the High Street stores!

I had the linear freeway with my last son and it is gorgeous, thoroughly recommend it. Only downfall is that you cannot fold it with seat unit attached. As for the pliko switch, I also had that but returned it after two weeks as h nothing but problems with it, and its really flimsy feeling. Hope advise helps.

Thanks. Do you mind giving a bit more info on what went wrong with the Pilko Switch?

Hubby and I are going to the Baby Show on the 18th so will hopefully get to try out a fair few for ourselves, but it's always good to get other people's opinions on them as you don't know what it will be like when you get it home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->