Anyone got their prams/pushchairs yet?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by MUMOF5, Oct 5, 2008.

1. mummymadness

mummymadness Mummy to 4

I tried the pliko switch in the shop ..Looked good , But decided the pliko Pramette first edition suited needs better and looked nicer :) . Good luck choosing . xxx .

2. MUMOF5

MUMOF5 Now a mum of 6!

Problems I encoutered with the switch were:

1: Brakes didnt engage properly.
    2: When I went to put it up, didnt go straight up as it should, and had to push it into place for it to click.
    3: Generally felt very rickety overall, and seat unit wasnt particularly comfortable for little one, and felt flimsy when trying to recline seat.
    4: It is very long when folded.

Hope this helps, everyone has differing opinions, and just because it wasnt right for me, doesnt necessarily mean that it wil be wrong for you. But I really do recommend the silver cross linear freeway. Its the best ive had by far.

3. Shifter

Shifter Guest

Ta. When you say the Silver Cross didn't fold with the seat unit, do you mean the car seat?

4. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

Ditto this, I have the linear freeway and ventura carseat and although LO isn't here yet I find it fab already. Really easy to use and I love the car seat attachment.

5. dippy dee

dippy dee Well-Known Member

we've got a mamas n papas burberry pushchair on classic chassis, omg momof4 if this lo is a girl we're calling her evie may after my mother in law who recently passed, can't belive some one else is calling their lo the same.

we've got most of lo stuff as we had our last at 26 weeks so want to be prepared.

6. MUMOF5

MUMOF5 Now a mum of 6!

No, I mean the pram/pushchair bit. You have to unclip it and take it off the chassis then fold the chassis, but this is also the case with the mamas & papas ultima aswell. Its a small price to pay for all the positives that the pram gives you.

7. MUMOF5

MUMOF5 Now a mum of 6!

Good choice of name! Ive naming her after my nan who died last year, spooky how they will be named after someone dear that we have lost!
    x

8. beckybumpbaby

beckybumpbaby pregnant and mummy!

i want a loola anyone know of any problems with this? I have got a silver cross linear freeway but have to sell it now as the chassis wont fit in my tiny car!!! thats the only problem with that pram but its a gorgeous buggy and my daughter loves it!! shame she has only been in it 3 times! lol x

p.s the freeway is for sale if anyone is interested.

9. Shifter

Shifter Guest

Hmm, that strikes me as rather impractical :-/

10. WelshGirl

WelshGirl Mummy at last!!

We're getting the Loola & the matching car seat - we've read as many reviews as we could find, and can't find any reported problems.

xx

11. MUMOF5

MUMOF5 Now a mum of 6!

It is impractical when you are popping it in and out of the car quite a bit, but fine if you dont need to put it down too often. However the car seat fits straight onto the chassis, so if you are only going on a short trip you only need to take the chassis and pop the car seat straight onto it (saving boot space as yo dont need pushchair part). Thats why ive gone for the Loola this time, as it is can be rear facing and it folds with the seat unit attached. There is so much to consider! What about the Silver cross 3d??

12. Shifter

Shifter Guest

Does the 3D fold down with the push chair attached? And is it possible to have the push chair rear-facing? I'm looking at the Silver Cross website but it isn't clear.

13. MUMOF5

MUMOF5 Now a mum of 6!

It is pretty much the same as the mamas & papas pramette, baby can face you for approx 6 months (depending on size), then you turn hood around and remove liner and it turns into a forward facing pushchair. And it folds really compactly (like an umbrella pushchair, with the seat attached). You can also fix the carseat dierctly onto the pushchair. A friend of mine has just got this and she thinks its great, she needed a small pushchair as she only has a small peaugeot 206.