• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone had a miracle after empty sac at 6 weeks?

Baby Me

Back to treatment
Reaction score
I know little chance of all being well but interested in outcome good or bad.

No chance of dates being wrong as was ivf conception.

Are you 6 weeks exactly? The reason I ask is I had my first scan at 6+5, and even at that close to 7 weeks, baby was hard to find! My tech said she couldn't see the baby yet, just the ges and yolk sac, but then she finally found baby, up next to the wall of the sac. I have very regular periods and short cycles, so I was sure of my dates. I wouldn't give up hope at 6 weeks. So much growth occurs so fast! You could go back in 2 days and see baby. Hugs and prayers for an awesome outcome!!

Sophie was an empty sack and 'possible yolk' at 6+3.

I was at 6 weeks 3 days. Not even a yolk was visable and the sac only 5mm. In this wait for the next scan I am driving myself mad. One minute I accept its over, the next I am googling for stories of empty sacs that turned into babies.

I hope your story has a happy ending!! Unfortunately mine did not. :( I had an empty sac at 6+3 and was re scanned at 7+5 and no growth. Never started mc on my own and needed medical intervention.

Empty sac at 6 weeks and baby with possible flickering heartbeat 2 days later. Amazing what 2 days can do during this time in pregnancy. I'm sure this isn't the case for everyone but it does happen.

Sorry to hear that kimmy. If you don't mind me asking, how long did you wait before d&c and how quickly did your cycle start and return to normal after that?

I went in at 6weeds2days and my doctor couldn't see anything except for an empty gestational sac through a vaginal ultrasound.. she sent me to the radiology department at 6weeks4days and they found a fetus with a 104 heartbeat... :thumbup: this was 6 days ago.. I go again in 2 days for another ultrasound to see if the baby is developing normally.. be optimistic as I am trying that also and hopefully everything will be good! i know how hard it is to waittt.. we just need to be patient I guess :wacko:

Pandi that's amazing, congrats. Do you know how big your sac was at 6 weeks?

Rimmy that's incredible! Sending you lots of 'baby dust' and hopes for a sticky bean for you. I have to wait another 9 days.

I know that your dates can't be wrong, but surely you can't know how many days it took for implantation to occur? This must surely be able to have an effect? I hope everything turns out well for you :hugs: xxxxxxx

Sorry to hear that kimmy. If you don't mind me asking, how long did you wait before d&c and how quickly did your cycle start and return to normal after that?

I didn't actually have a d&c I just was given the pills that help speed up the mc and it worked with in hours for me.. Bleeding had stopped within a couple days and I had an u/s and it was all cleared out. I had my next af exactly 4 weeks later, then conceived the next month :)

Good luck with everything!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"