anyone had a tooth refilled?

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
Out today with DH and a filling fell out. It couldn't be worse timing as I'm just about 5weeks pregnant and my dentist has told me before (when i was pg with my mmc) that they didn't do non emergency work during pregnancy. I'm not sure that it is emergency for them but it feels like an emergency to me! I know they wont do an amalgam filling but I'm willing to play extra for a white one and even seeing if I could go without anaesthetic! Its an old filling (probably had it about ten year), I think its just worked loose as opposed to there being new decay.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Have you had a filling redone (even temporary) in first tri. I dont want to wait 7-8 weeks to get the second tri never mind 9 months!

Hi, No real help as I had this done later on at 14 weeks... But tooth ache is the worst thing!
I have now had the tooth taken out after a filling, then infection then they was going to do a root canal which I was in so much pain I had to have it out, last Tuesday and they did as being in 2nd tri they will do more... Hope you get an answer xxx

Hiya

I had a root canal done just today as emergency. I am 6wks and 6 days pregnant. At 1st they didnt want to xray but as i was in so much pain they said the risk was minimal. I had been on paracetamol for a whole week and now on anti biotics. I think dentists are just overly careful. Ive got a temp filling till after the birth when i get it sorted properly.

Good Luck!

Just to add they refused to take it out even though i begged as they reckon removing the tooth is more trauma to body than fillings or root canal

I had one removed and refilled at 7 weeks. Had the local anaesthetic and had an alamgam filling. My dentist said it was totally fine. He said the only thing they won't do on pregnant women is xrays.

it really seems to vary from what I can tell, even just throughout the UK never mind anywhere else in the world. I just hope they'll refill it as I can't bare feeling worried about it for weeks, months on end. Guess I'll just have to wait and see on Monday!

Yeah have it filled that way hopefully it will be less painfull and then if it does carry on you could have it out later they wouldn't do it for me until well in 2nd tri pulling it out... but wasn't painful having it out and had antibiotics and paracetamol today it's all OK:) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->