Anyone had abnormal smear results whilst TTC?

MrsCeder

Mum to Amelia 6/6/13
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Really need some help. Had my smear done a week last Wednesday and got results yesterday to say they have found high grade (severe) dykarosis and that I need to go for a colposcopy!

I was so shocked when I saw this, anyway today received letter from the hospital to say my appointment is a week next weds and that I may need a procedure to remove them there & then.

All very scary and so gutted this has happened as we are currently 3-4 months into trying for our 2nd child.

Has anyone been through that can give me some advice?

Thanks so much x

I had somewhat of a chemical pregnancy right when DH and I first started trying to conceive. When I was at the doctor's dealing with that, I found out that I had high grade cervical dysplasia. I did have a colposcopy. Fortunately, my OB gave me the option of holding off on treating the dysplasia for a few months to see if I got pregnant. He explained that it wasn't going to turn into cancer immediately and sometimes cervical abnormalities do resolve on their own. I got pregnant less than 2 months later - due any day now! (39+2) My pregnancy has been very healthy. They will re-check the abnormalities a few weeks after delivery and we'll go from there. I know that people have healthy pregnancies after LEEP procedures, but I feel better having one baby under my belt either way. If it's possible for you, I'd say wait and get pregnant! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->