Anyone had an incorrect ultrasound? Confused :(

kittenmeow

Reaction score
Hi, I hady first u/s at what I thought was 7 weeks, turns out it was 6 weeks.. A heartbeat of 97bpm was heard and fetal pole and sac etc.. It all looked good. A internal ultrasound had to be done as I have a tilted uterus. I haven't had any pregnancy symptoms except weight gain and fluctuating Breast size.

Anyways 2 weeks later I felt crampy.. Almost like ovulation pain but only on the right which I were I heard it grows so growing cramps are common..and went to ER anyways.. They only had an external u/s. They found the fetal pole, couldnt pick up a Hb but I assumed that was due to the tilted pelvis.. (I've had u/s issues before.) but they could see movement like the heart pumping. I had an internal ultrasound yesterday and was told there was no hb and it was a bit small.. However the sonographer seemed irritated that an internal one had too be done and it was through a different place. As I have no m/c symptoms and didn't have preggo symptoms to begin with.. And a tilted uterus.. could there be a chance the u/s was wrong? or should I get a second opinion before giving up?has this happened to anyone before? A hb then no hb however a successful pregnancy? Thanks.

Personally, I would wait another week and see what happens. I would pay for another scan if nothing obvious has happened by then. By 9 weeks I would think you should see a heartbeat even with a tilted uterus. Hope you've got a sticky bean who was just hiding well :flower: xx

With my first pregnancy, I thought I was about 8 weeks pregnant when I had bleeding and abdo pain. I got a scan that showed me to be about 6 weeks with no HB.
They thought I had maybe mc, I had to wait for a further 2 weeks to be scanned to see if there was a change, which thankfully showed me to be 8w with a HB.
Longest 2 weeks of my life but I was informed that was the best way to see if baby was still with us. I was told bloods might be inconclusive.

Have they advised another scan in the next couple of weeks?

With my first pregnancy, I thought I was about 8 weeks pregnant when I had bleeding and abdo pain. I got a scan that showed me to be about 6 weeks with no HB.
They thought I had maybe mc, I had to wait for a further 2 weeks to be scanned to see if there was a change, which thankfully showed me to be 8w with a HB.
Longest 2 weeks of my life but I was informed that was the best way to see if baby was still with us. I was told bloods might be inconclusive.

Have they advised another scan in the next couple of weeks?

No just a d&c. I think It's because there was a heart beat 2 weeks ago and even a flicker a few days ago with an external u/s.. But yesterday they couldn't find one..they believe its gone.. However it's has increased in size. This 2nd U/s was performed at a different place compared to the first one.. which Is why I'm wondering if an ultrasound might have missed the hb this time or whether I'm just being too optimistic. I havent had bleeding and the cramping is defiantly not severe.. More like muscles and stuff stretching to make room..and it was for a day now it's stopped. I'm just not sure if hearing a hb then not hearing one could be accidental..

It could be a mmc but pay for a scan of you have to to double check. You will always wonder if you don't.

Prayers its just that baby was hiding too much...but otherwise even witbout miscarriage symptoms you can still have it. Its called a missed miscarriage. You dont have the bleeding etc with it. But lets hope baby is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->