Anyone had anemia?

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
What are the symptoms?

I am getting tested for this as well as some other things as I have been having problems with my cycles since Chase was born. An increase of monthly periods that is. They happen every 14 days now. :dohh:

i was anemic for a while and i was very lathergic(sp?) and got a lot of headaches. xx

i was anemic for a while and i was very lathergic(sp?) and got a lot of headaches. xx

Yeah, seems to be what I am having.

I am up very early in the am and really tired by 8:30. So my tiredness at 8:30 I passed it down to being up so early.

And the headaches, I was thinking stress or because of my irregular cycles. But perhaps it's anemia.

I looked at the color of my face yesterday too and it is deathly white.

yeah my complexion changed to.

:hug:

look out for the iron tablets though they are nasty

Got a bunch of blood work to get done, so we shall see.

I saw that a sign of anemia is irregular periods or increased periods. Wonder if this is my problem or if there is more to my problem. LOL Time will tell.

yeh. because i am from the mediterrenean region of Turkey, i am a carrier of Thalasemia and all my life i have been anemic. You feel lethargic, it could be to an extent that i sometimes get tired when i am brushing my hair, you just have no strength at all, and you usually have a yellowy complexion, and usually reduced appettite.. Aside from the iron tablets, you need a lot of b12, and try to eat a lot of red meat if you can. i hope you feel better xx

Ever since having Liam, I have been anemic during the time of the month if not on birth control to lessen the intensity of my periods. This last one was super brutal. I had to take iron pills twice a day, and I still had NO energy, would sleep 12 + hours and still be exhausted an hour or two later, no appetite, headaches, dizzy, the whole nine yards. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but thank god I'm going back on the pill! LOL I was also white as a ghost, which is sort of hard, since I tend to glow in the dark naturally anyway! haha

Yeah, seems to be what I am having.

I am up very early in the am and really tired by 8:30. So my tiredness at 8:30 I passed it down to being up so early.

And the headaches, I was thinking stress or because of my irregular cycles. But perhaps it's anemia.

I looked at the color of my face yesterday too and it is deathly white.

im anemic and hav all those symptems hate the tablets causes all kind of side effects on me :( hope you feel better soon xx :hugs:

Yuup im anemic, and to help im having the mirena coil in. Because for most women it stops their periods, or they go down to very little..almost spotting like apparently.

yeh. because i am from the mediterrenean region of Turkey, i am a carrier of Thalasemia and all my life i have been anemic. You feel lethargic, it could be to an extent that i sometimes get tired when i am brushing my hair, you just have no strength at all, and you usually have a yellowy complexion, and usually reduced appettite.. Aside from the iron tablets, you need a lot of b12, and try to eat a lot of red meat if you can. i hope you feel better xx

I am the same as you except i'm from Spain.

Its does suck, but to be honest i have been like it all my life so i don't know any different.

Always look pale, tire easily, shortness of breath. Iron tablets do help also try eating a lot of green veg, they have a good sorce of iron and folate.

ive suffered lots since i was 15, i am very pale, like deathly pale, need to sleep all the time, if i dont get like 9 hours at least i really cant function properly, my periods are heavy and *sorry for this* clotty, but when im on the pill they are fine, and i had one that was basically constant (bar afew days of 'rest') that lasted from january till may, i wouldnt tell my mam, but eventually i did when it had gotten so bad that i couldnt handle it anymore and the *again sorry* clots were becoming as big as the palm of my hand, sometimes way bigger. and also if i cut myself it would bleed and bleed. So they did blood tests and it was anemia, nd they put me on the pill and iron tablets at 15 x

I had anemia caused by eating disorders I struggled with as a teenager. Caused me a lot of grief! My symptoms were pale skin (the reason I started tanning actually), mood swings (mostly getting frustrated easily I guess which made me very angry or cry), headaches and occasional dizziness, difficulty concentrating, and fatigue.

Sorry forgot to say what the treatment was like.. iron supplements (which I didn't take all the time, they made me constipated, sorry TMI, but when you have an ED you want to go to the bathroom as much as possible, so I stopped). And when I went to the doctor's they would always do blood tests on me because they didn't trust what I said I was eating, etc.

Naturally, when I went in to my doctor's for my first prenatal appointment they were all over me because my hemoglobin was low on my blood tests, and now I take my prenatal vitamins almost everyday.. guess I care about my baby's health more than my own!

ah yes, the dizzyness, i forgot about that, its just a regular day to day occurance now so i dont realy think about it, sometimes when i stand up though its really bad and i get shooting white lights infront of my eyes and overwhelimg dizzyness where i think im going to fall and faint and then coloured hazey square pixel type things come infront of my eyes grene purple mainley and then i either will fall or have to grab something really quickly and tightly, its horrible when im getting out the bath and it happens, i bathe with the door open so OH can hear if ive fallen because i'd probably break my neck if i did fall x

It's strange that some of the symptoms I take as another excuse...lack of concentration - excuse being having to much to do with 3 kids...headaches - excuse being stress or irregular monthly cycles...etc.

Many symptoms that you ladies have mentioned seem very familiar to me right now.

Thanks for your help!

Hi :)

I'm anaemic and have been for a couple of years but have only had it confirmed by the dr in august. He gave me iron tablets and I took one. The next morning when I woke up I had a horrible metallic taste in my mouth, my poop was really dark which was kinda scary tbh and felt a bit sick. That was one tablet and it freaked me out so much that I havent taken any more. The side effects lasted around a week just with one tablet. Surely there must be something else to take instead of those? I just dont think my body liked them that much!

xxx

I was anemic when I was pregnant and I had a ton, ton, ton of headaches and just slept forever (although some of that was attributed to pregnancy in general).

You can see yourself if you have low iron! If you take a gold ring and run it down your cheek a black line will show up! If no black line, your iron is fine. I don't know why this works, but it does. (sorry if this was already mentioned, I only read the first few answers)

If you are anemic and they put you on pills though Leanne, be careful because they make you really constipated

I've got extra strong iron tablets which don't make me constipated like all the others I've tried before!!!! If I could remember the name I'd let you girls know. They really help, but I'm just so bad at taking them. Its only when my anemia gets really bad that I start taking them again and then it takes a while to come right. The doctor reckons it takes up to 3 weeks for your iron levels to increase again.

I have 'normal' anaemia and pernicious anaemia. Get lots of headaches, dizziness, lethargy and depression if my meds need changing or I've fallen behind with my jabs. I also go very pale with red blotchy cheeks and tend to lose weight

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->