Anyone had anemia?

I was anaemic at the end of my pregnancy, no one told me so I didn't get any iron tablets til I was 37 weeks, then I had a haemorrhage after having Joseph making me even more anaemic! They told me it was down to 7 after birth and then went to 8.9 after my blood transfusion. Anyway, I get really tired, dizzy, irritable and just feel really down. I've got iron tablets which I keep forgetting to take, not really helping myself am i :dohh:

I was anaemic all through my pregnancy. I fainted early on. Had no energy, always tired. Hope you're ok :)

I am too, i keep forgetting to take my tablets in the morning though but i always seem to remember the one for the night!

I find it difficult to remember to take them but the side effects really get me, especially that horrible taste you get in your mouth. Is that just me?

xxx

This is really late, but I have always been slightly anemic to very anemic. I was a vegetarian for most of my life (espesially when I was growing up). I am not sure if that is why or not, because my Nana was, and apparently it can be genetic too. Nonetheless, I was, and my main symptoms were fainting, nearly fainting (or feeling like I might), and less energy than I suppose I should have had. Even as an adult due to heavy AF's I have always been anemic. I hemmoraged after my son was born, which only made it worse. I took the prescribed iron pills, but when I was pregnant with my daughter they told me that my bloodwork came back as anemic and I was to take iron pills (those make me nauseated) and I kind of blame myself because my daughter was born anemic, but it was misdiagnosed for a year before they found out. She was a very sickly baby, always being hospitalized for infections and such, and they later said that it was probably just because she was anemic and wasn't able to fight things off as well. She is better now. It can be a life long struggle, so try to eat the right things and take those dang iron pills!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->