Anyone had Bacterial Vaginosis during their pregnancies?!?! Help!

Hopeful 4 #1

Mummy to 2, TTC #3 after 8 years NTNP
Reaction score
So I had a swab done 2 weeks ago due to a small bleed. Baby was fine and was told all was fine. Then had a letter saying "BV" was found and I'm to see my GP for treatment. Went today and he has given me a course of antibiotics which i'm petrified of taking.. Has anyone had this and taken the tablets and all been fine?! x

Never had it but if your gp knows your pregnant and has prescribed the antibiotics then im sure they are absolutely fine to take and that you will be fine too :thumbup: xx

I've not had BV, but I have been given antibiotics for a chest infection and urinary tract infection. As long as they know you're pregnant, they give you safe antibiotics, so don't worry.

hiya, my sis has had it and had the antibiotics and her and her twins are fine. take them hun, xx

Meeee!! I've had it at about 11 weeks preg and I used to get it before I was preg all the time!

I'm gonna docs at 3pm today actually to check if it's back as I've had an increase in discharge and back ache lately and it's either bv again or a water Infection so no doubt il be back on antibiotics... For the fourth time while been pregnant!!!

I actually cried earlier hoping its just preg symptoms that's just largely increased cos sick of taking meds for things. But they say the treatment is better than keeping the infec so ul be fine I promise! My baby's happy and healthy and like i said I've had 3 courses of antis!!

Take care xx

i had it and i took the antibiotics and me and the baby was fine and it cleared everything up, dont worry bout it sweetie as long as your dr knows you pregnant then they will be ok to take and wont harm baby. i dont know much bout bv but my dr told me that if it doesnt get cleared up it can cause harm to the baby, so i took mine and had no problems

My Dr. thinks its what I had so started me on a vaginal cream (Dalacin) and all is fine now...I'm still waiting for the swab results. He assured me that its SUPER common in pregnant women even more so than a yeast infection and that the antibiotic cream is fully safe to use! GL xo

Ive had it with my first pregnancy and in about 40 days I will have a healthy 3 year old. So you and baby will be fine! Take it as it can harm baby if not treated! GL!

I had it too and hated the idea of taking those meds because everywhere says not to but it's not true, its worse to go on having it. I've taken 2 courses of the antibiotics and my baby is fine : )

I have had BV every pregnancy! (this is my third) all my kids are fine. the only thing that realllllyyyy sucks is if they give you they one they gave me for the antibiotic is NASTY! it makes me want to gag lol.

This pregnancy I have had a tooth infection, and a UTI. I have taken antibotics for both of those and still am on antibotics. I had an ultrasound thursday and everything looked great! I wouldnt worry about it if they know your pregnant. They know what you can have and cant have. :) If anything not taking antibotics would be worse because the infection could go to the baby.

Thanks everyone.. I've now taken them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->