Anyone had coloscopy? Cauterizing cervix?

nicki01

Reaction score
As the title? Ive got to have this on the 10th of august because of corrosion of the cervix (cervix ectropion) and wanted to know about the procedure!

When they numb the cervix do they inject it? and how long cant you have sex for?

Thanks for your help.
Nicki x

Sorry hun I haven't had it but I may have to and would be interested to know too.

Just thought I'd bump it to see if anyone else has x

Hi im currently waiting for my 3rd biopsy and i think to numb that they injected it. also from getting a biopsy i was told to wait 2 weeks to have sex i think i bled for about 10 days.

Hi yip I've had this done twice. But mine was done for abnormal cells - I presume its a similar proceedure.

It's more embarrassing than painful, I would say at the most it's very slightly uncomfortable. If it's the same I had an injection of local directly to my cervix but even this wasn't really sore.

Can't remember re sex, it's to avoid any infections - they will give you a sheet.

I did have quite a bit of discharge after for a few days that was watery and smelly - TMI!!! I think I was stupid and went Christmas shopping and carried heavy bags after.
For a few weeks I did feel a slight tugging in that general area if I carried anything heavy.

Oh I just took two ibruphin about an hour before going in as a precaution.

Thank you for your help, im not to worried about the embarrassing part tbh, ive had so many people having a good old look at my lady parts ive given up caring!!.
Its just frustrating ive waited over a month to have this done because the hospital didnt refer me when it was spotted when i had surgery for my ectopic!! Now its putting my plans ttc on hold and if they tell me not to have sex after it i think im going to go crazy!! lol.

Thank you all your info is much appreciated! At least i know it shouldnt hurt!

Hi i know how you feel when you are ttc. My results have been back and forth for a year and 3 months now and this will be my 3rd biopsy we are wtt but could be a long wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->