Anyone had e coli while pregnant

Discussion in 'Gestational Complications' started by Whiteninja, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Whiteninja

Whiteninja Well-Known Member

Ok so embarrassed as I am. I just saw the results of a urine test that urgent care ran on me. The results showed up ony paitent portal. Just a website were I can see my results. Well i had went in because for two weeks now in the middle of the night and early morning my pee has this smell to it that is just not right I was worried about it. So they took a test said it was fine but would send it off for a culture. Well it showed up as e coli. I've never had it. Don't know what they do for it expecaly in pregnancy. I'm 26 weeks. Anyone one else have this happen to them. And I figured I should get the rest of my children looked at to make sure they don't have it too.

2. J.D.

J.D. Well-Known Member

e. coli in your urine is usually just a UTI - you'll need antibiotics and lots of cranberry juice :)

3. ClairAye

ClairAye Single parent to one of each! ♡

It's a fairly common bacteria for a UTI (from what I have seen in kidney groups on Facebook), you should just get antibiotics to clear up the infection. :)