Anyone had experience with blocked tear ducts?

hsollis

Reaction score
Can you let me know how long it took to go away and get better?

Thanks!

Leeon had blocked tear ducts had conjunctivitus with it too afew times it took about 6 months to go away x

I used breast milk or chamomile to wipe his eyes and it went away in a few days

Thanks! Kayleigh just has a little round spot on the bottom lid and doctor thinks it is just a block duct and just told me to come back in a month and she's already had it for about a month...so I was wondering how long other people had with it...

max's lasted about a month too , dr told me to massage around the corner of his eyes and top of his nose to help move the gunk out then wipe it

Thanks as well, doctor only said to massage it if she let me... I may try your suggestion as well...

i once heard cold tea bags wiped across their eyes but cant see how it would work without hurting there eyes

As long as it doesnt get infected it should clear up on its own or with the help of a little gentle massage in the corner of their eye. If it does become red and swollen then thats when you should become concerned. My son had one when he was 4 weeks old and ended up in hospital for an op under general as they kept fobbing me off it would clear up on its own and it never did.

summer has a blocked tear duct which she has had from birth :( its alway red and watering we have been to dr's so many times about it, she will have to go and have unblocked when she is 12months old. it gets infected easier aswell, she is currently having to have drops in it :(

summer has a blocked tear duct which she has had from birth :( its alway red and watering we have been to dr's so many times about it, she will have to go and have unblocked when she is 12months old. it gets infected easier aswell, she is currently having to have drops in it :(

Sorry to hear that it still hasnt cleared up for her. Charlie had drops in his for several months even after his op and i hated having to give them to him :hugs:

Sorry to hear that!! I hope hers doesn't go that way - so far it hasn't been infected or bothering her!!

I hope it gets better for you soon as well!!

i think ours cleared up by time he was 3 or 4 months but doc said it could be up to 1yr

callum had a blocked tear duct and i was told to put some breast milk in it at each feed! it went away after 2 or so days!! xxxxx

Sorry to hear that it still hasnt cleared up for her. Charlie had drops in his for several months even after his op and i hated having to give them to him :hugs:

how old was he when he had his op for it?

Seth still has blocked tear ducts, in both eyes. He's 7 months old. They have got a lot better in the past month or so though. Whats helped the most is massaging the bit between his nose and eye... I guess the doctor showed you how to do that?

xxx

He was only 4 weks old :cry:

It was the worst case the hospital had seen and he was admitted as an emergency case because his tear duct was so infected it looked like he had a black grape attached to the corner of his eye. They tried treating him with iv anti biotics for it first as the op at his age was a last resort

He was only 4 weks old :cry:

It was the worst case the hospital had seen and he was admitted as an emergency case because his tear duct was so infected it looked like he had a black grape attached to the corner of his eye. They tried treating him with iv anti biotics for it first as the op at his age was a last resort

aw how awful, yeh i do massage it, the doctor just said it should clear up and if not she will have it unblocked when she is 12months :(

They do say that by the time they are 12 months their tear ducts are bigger and less prone to becoming blocked. Hope it starts to get better soon for Summer xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->