Anyone Had Gallbladder Surgery?

A

amjon

I'm due to have my gallbladder removed in a few weeks. I'm not sure how it will be though. They're going to try laparoscopic but if I have a stone in the duct may have to switch. I had a Csection 16 weeks ago also. Does anyone know how it compares to that? Should I ask for pain meds before I wake up and to take home or is it not as bad as a CS?

It's certainly not as bad as a c-section for that's for sure. I had mine done via keyhole and I was up and walking the moment I was back in my room. They suspected I had a stone in the duct and had a camera down my throat to look but turned out to be free of stones. It really was a speedy recovery for me.

I had mine fully removed I have 4 scars from it, I was up and moving that day but pretty sure for about a week, They might give you something for it.

Had mine removed WHILE I was 17 weeks pregnant with twins! I had pancreatitis caused from the gallstones so had no other option.

Mine was laparoscopic, I was sick the day of the anaesthetic but home the following morning and back to routine no problems and no pain other than tenderness around the scars. Trust me in comparison to a section it feels less than a bee sting. Of course if it's open it may be more complicated.

Good luck Hun x

I had it in 2010, I had pancreatitis 4/5 times because of it, and finally got it out 13 weeks after Ben was born, but I didn't have a c section!! That's a lot bigger wound and if they do manage keyhole (which is usually the case, unless the stone is huge or there's complications) you can speak to the anaesthesiologist about pain and after care. I was given morphine when I woke up and think that's standard. It's sore for a few days after, and it's a good idea to rest but you'll soon be back on your feet.

Totally random but eternal, I've always remembered that your LO had pyloric stenosis, because Ben did too. Now you had pancreatitis when pregnant (although I was 30 weeks and they wouldn't remove it) as well!

I had it in 2010, I had pancreatitis 4/5 times because of it, and finally got it out 13 weeks after Ben was born, but I didn't have a c section!! That's a lot bigger wound and if they do manage keyhole (which is usually the case, unless the stone is huge or there's complications) you can speak to the anaesthesiologist about pain and after care. I was given morphine when I woke up and think that's standard. It's sore for a few days after, and it's a good idea to rest but you'll soon be back on your feet.

Totally random but eternal, I've always remembered that your LO had pyloric stenosis, because Ben did too. Now you had pancreatitis when pregnant (although I was 30 weeks and they wouldn't remove it) as well!

Wow what are the chances? I know it's mega unusual to remove during pregnancy I think they only did as the babies were not viable and I was so sick.

Yeah I think because they were twins maybe? And it was so early on. I'm really glad it all went ok though, it must've been scary.

Yeah I think because they were twins maybe? And it was so early on. I'm really glad it all went ok though, it must've been scary.

Yeah it was, they told me it was a massive risk, but given how sick I was and how likely they felt I would have more attacks during the pregnancy then I didn't have much in the way of options. Still all was perfect!

I'm glad it worked out ok. After having it 5ish (I stopped counting!) I know how horrendous it can be. The amount of morphing I had pumped into me every few hours was unreal!! Although its a fantastic drug lol.

I'm glad it worked out ok. After having it 5ish (I stopped counting!) I know how horrendous it can be. The amount of morphing I had pumped into me every few hours was unreal!! Although its a fantastic drug lol.

I was never so lucky, being pregnant one doctor would say codeine is ok the next would take it off, my drugs chart was a mess! Which didn't help managing pain. I basically had to sit it out, I did insist on anti sickness drugs though!

Sorry OP for totally hi-jacking this thread!! I can't believe you did it with purely co-codamal!! I had about 2 attacks each week during my pregnancy and that was bad enough, then when I got pancreatitis at 30 weeks it wasn't too severe. Then at 2 weeks after having him I thought I was dying! Having the morphine was incredible!! After so many attacks and so much pain it was the best feeling ever having the pain taken away!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->