Anyone had hyperemesis gravidarum whilst have hectic 2.5yo?

wtbmummy

Reaction score
As the title says really.

I didnt have sickness once with ds yet this time its hit me, hit me hard! Almost admitted to hospital couple weeks ago but got away with being given anti sickness tablets.

Then yesterday kept nothing down again n still the same this morning so went to docs and had an injection and now have the tablets of the same injection. Keeping things down so far (been 2hrs)

But having a toddler who is just non stop when i spend most days to tierd to even move or constantly have my head down a toilet is proving very very difficult :cry:

We have no family near by that can be bothered and ones who (say) they want to help live abroad!!
Our house is completely upside down as i struggle getting housework done plus we were using spare room as storage so dh had to buy and build a shed and move everything so he has left bits EVERYWHERE!!! (We have a flat roof so no attic and no storage in general despite being 3bed massonette)

Im just so tired and fed up, ds is always playing up which I know is very normal for his age but its just all to much. I also have GAD with OCD traits and have been off my meds for about a month now. I know thats not helping :dohh: I am now 9w3d and hoping that this injection gets me even to half the person i normally am so i can do some things around the house and with my son :cry:

Sorry needed to vent.

Thank you for reading!!!

I feel terribly sorry for you. I haven't had HG but have had a lot of morning sickness (all day!) and have a very busy 3 year old and 20 month old. Don't worry about the mess in your house! In a few weeks you will hopefully be feeling better and you can tackle it then. And don't worry if your child watches more TV than normal for a few weeks. It will pass soon and things will be ok. We have been having microwave meals almost every night because I just don't have the energy to cook. Try get your child to go to bed a little bit earlier so you can get some extra rest in the evenings. I really hope it passes soon. It's a terrible stage of pregnancy. Xx

Bless you - you have my full sympathies! I have had awful nausea but not even on the same scale as what you are dealing with! I've been very honest with my 3 year old and told her mummy is feeling tired and poorly and she's been great. We've been playing doctors with me as the patient. Or I've just been laying on the sofa while she plays independently, or cutting and sticking so I'm sat quietly with her. Do you get a break with yours going to preschool or anything? Any chance of getting a cleaner in? Hope you start to feel better soon x

Aw I had it with a 4 year old and it was tough. I took time off work and hubby did housework instead. I also have no family near enough by to help. I hope you feel better soon.

I have awful ms with all of my pregnancies and now this one is a complete surprise and I have 19 month old twins to take care of. We have no family help either. I don't know how to cope

I am 9 weeks pregnant with twins and I also have a 2.5 year old ( I am sat typing this fuzzy headed at 5 am after being awake with her since 2 am!) and severe all day morning sickness. I got prescribed some tablets that melt in your mouth for the sickness. Terrible, they didnt work so I am now prescribed a different tablet you swallow 3 times a day called metoclopramide which works much better but you must keep up with the tablets. I missed one in the eve as I was so so poorly the next day again. Its so so difficult having a toddler to look after. I am on medication for anxiety and was told to absolutely not come off the medication so are you sure you should have come off yours? you must speak to a doctor before coming off medications. This is all so difficult I totally understand and when im tired I really feel overwhelmed and a bit depressed but these tablets have made life bearable.

Hugs; I have had HG with both of my pregnancies, I'm just coming out the other side with this pregnancy and my daughter is 19 months.

I'll be honest, it's been hell; I couldn't look after my daughter so my husband had to take a month off work (and I'm still off work). Luckily we have good sick pay here.

I would say if you still feel dreadful then ask for different anti-sickness medication, there are lots of options. I hope it eases for you soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->