Anyone had private ICSI in the UK?

LouiseB

Reaction score
Hiya :)

We are considering the private route just to have more control over the timescale and quality of service and i was wondering how long it took someone from the point of meeting a private consultant to actually having the embyos implanted?

Thanks

It depends where you are in your cycle when you have the intial consultation. I started 2 weeks after that, so it can be quick, if thats what you want. You do need to have all your test results sorted though.

Good luck! I'm glad I went down the private route, I'm on the NHS waiting list but it's a 3 yr waiting list! And I'm not that patient!!

Thanks for the response :)

I'm am undergoing tests under the Nhs - did they make you repeat you tests or did you have them done privately anyway?

I'm way too impatient to wait too, plus the success rate seems to be hugely age dependant so the sooner the better!

We went private. I best decision EVER! They did repeat the sperm test again and my blood tests again. To be honest they were better with the private clinic as they is no travelling with the sperm you do it there and then and its tested straight away no NHS system leaving it lying around.

We needed ICIS but it was possible the results werent great but a little better at private clinic.
Think we start treatment on my next period however my periods are long so it was prob about another 45 days after seeing consultant and coucelling session, only cause my periods are irregular.

As far as treatment and staff they were excellent, 10 out of 10.
We were on NHS but as you can imagine there were issues with funding and we got no where they didnt even run or send us to the fertility department as there was no funding so they wouldnt run any further tests on us till funding was there.. This was a year ago now and still waiting for them!
We decided we wud do the private route, we only got 1 nhs go and if we went private once it wouldnt affect the NHS go..
We went with Care if there is one near you i would go there

x

Hey Louise

We could have started 2 days after our consultation. I can't go on the pill as it makes me feel very :sick: so basically i would start sniffing on CD21 and have a baseline scan approx 2 weeks after with a view to cracking on with stimms - the whole cycle would be 6 weeks from start to finish. Equally, we are going to go again and they give you a prescription, as soon as you are ready to start you just call them up and book a scan, simple as that! xx

3Months but im an egg sharer aswell so it takes abit longer.we were too young togo on a nhs waitin list so had to go else where.there was no way we were goin to wait nearly 10 yrs to get on a list

We went privately with Care - lovely people!!! I got a consultation within five days of calling them, back in March. They said I could start treatment on my next cycle in April but when they went through our notes, they wanted my hubby to have one more test, a Karyotype test, and the results could take up to 6 weeks to come back. They rushed them through in a couple of weeks but we still didn't get to start treatment until May. After that it was all plain sailing! I was on the Long protocol, so I started down regging on May 20th and had ET on June 25th.

It's true what they say, money talks... So glad we went private!

Good luck!

Thanks for the really helpful replies ladies :)

I have already been in touch with care - the closest is in Nottingham and they have a satalite(?) clinic in Derby that is closer. They seem nice via email so i think it would be them that we dealth with.

I just had a cd21 bloodtest and have a cd 5 bloodtest booked with the nhs and i was going to ask for a referral when i got the results back but i'm not sure if i should just write them off and go straight for the referral now?

hi you should be able to get all your tests forwarded to your new clinic even the ones you dont have the results for yet, i am under a private clinic now but still had my amh and rubella status bloods through the nhs our gps also agreed to do our infection screening saving us £300 its always worth asking

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->