Anyone had super low betas? Mine are 15 DPO Beta at 16

mirandala

Reaction score
I just had the first results of my blood tests back- it was at 16. My doc said: "This value can indicate early pregnancy however having only one of these values is inconclusive and we will have to wait for the second result to determine how to proceed."
What do you think? That seems EXTREMELY low to me. I went in for testing because all of a sudden my symptoms were gone (I'd had super sore breasts), I had light spotting, and a preg test was negative when all had been positive. I've just had my 48hr later test done today. She's right and if it doubles, that's great... but still it seems so low. I had my first BFP on a ic 10iuhcg and then a frer at 12 dpo. That would indicate to me that it isn't doubling properly? Sounds to me like I'm headed for a chemical.

What are your experiences? Have you had super low betas and a successful pregnancy?

It is low but it depends when you implanted.. Did you get a negative before a positive ? What dpo did you get your first positive on?

It is low but it depends when you implanted.. Did you get a negative before a positive ? What dpo did you get your first positive on?

Thanks for replying!

I had my first positive at 12 dpo. I started testing way before, and they were all negative until that point. I conceived using frozen sperm IUI so I know exactly when it happened.

Before this pregnancy I had two early losses due to non doubling hcg.

This is what happened to me this time: I got a BFP on the evening of 9dpo (there in no mistaking my dates as I went through ivf) I went for my first blood test 3 days later on the evening of 12dpo. Result was 34. I was devastated! I was certain I was going to lose another pregnancy. Anyway 48 hours later I did another blood and it was 115. I was still really down but trying so hard to stay hopeful. I then went for one more blood test 4 days later (19dpo) and result was 1650!!

Basically I thought there was no way this pregnancy was going to work. I had 3 days between my first BFP (on a FRER) and my hcg of 34! I've come to assume that FRER must pick up hcg under 10.

I'm not trying to give you false hope etc but your number really can start super low! My first pregnancy which is now my nearly 2 year old son started at 23(this was at 10dpo). Doctor told me I would probably lose it. He was wrong and my hcg quadrupled in the following days.

It's a horrible waiting game but you need to wait for your next results and even a third blood test before coming to a conclusion. Best of luck! x

Oh and I'm currently 5w and 5d and got a 3+ on a digi yesterday so so far all is going well.

Thanks so much!! That's exactly what I needed to hear. I'll have the other results back in a few days so fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->