Anyone had the implant out?

iwanta8a8y

TTC #3 ;-)
Reaction score
Hi any of you lovely ladies had the implant removed and want to try for bubba?

I had mine removed as i was constantly bleeding on it and OH and I decided that we wanted #3 close in age again, so had it removed on the 13th November, had 3 days of heavy bleeding 14th, 15th and 16th and then on the 12th December I started bleeding (but only like brown old blood - sorry if TMI) then proper period (red blood) started on the 16th for 5 days.

How quickly did your periods come back to normal? I took a HPT today and got smacked in the face with a BFN so im not pregnant now (i knew it as i dont feel pregnant at all) i just wanted there to be some hope that i was!!

Have you had the implant and how are your cycles now?

Thanks in advance x

Hey :) I had my daughter on 29th feb last year, decided to get the implant in august and put up with the hormones, PND which the implant made much worse and constant bleeding so got it taken out 2 months later. I've had two periods since when we werent trying, and the past month or so we've been half NTNP then changing our minds. I'm now 3 days late but haven't tested yet. If I havent got my period by friday then I'll test then. So im not much help but I know what you're going through. The implant has really messed me up and I'll never get it again!
Hope next month is your month hun xx

Hey hun - sorry you went through that, I was exactly the same, seriously hormonal on it, moods swings, Had PND too and your right the implant made that worse. I'm surprised me and my OH didn't split up I was so bad! Constant bleeding which meant OH got loving too which only added to the strain! I have been like another person since off it, don't think PND has gone totally, but pretty much :)

Ooo update me how you get on when you test. Have you had any symptoms?

had mine out in september 2012 and still not had a period and still no pregnancy. hate the implant, will never ever have it again.

:hi: Ladies

I don't know if I had the same implant that you all are talking about but I had my Mirena Iud removed Dec 28. That was the 2nd day of my 40 day cycle. With the iud my periods were really light and about 2 days long. After removal I had bleeding up until jan 8. Dh and I dtd with pullout the 8th, 11th, 13th. It's like our sex drives finally came back, we hardly dtd when I had the iud. I remember spotting and lots of blood tinged cm (ewcm) 11th-13th. Dh told me afterwards that he wasn't so careful on the 11th. My phone app has tracked my ovulation for the last 5 months and it has me 1dpo now. We dtd 2 days ago and he left his swimmers behind ;). I really think I ovulated 11th-13th according to body signs but dh was doing pullout then. My phone app says im due for af feb 3. Ill test end of this month most likely. I really have no clue tho. Ditching the bc may have my body all messed up.

hi i had the implant put in in nov 2011 and had it removed by march 2012 as i was bleeding EVERY day from the time it was in until it was removed!!!! plus i was so depressed and hormal, felt suicidal at times! went to the doctor to have it removed only for her to be very disapproving, asking what other contraceptives i plan on using. Also saying 'you are still young (23), i see too many young parents these days' lol very judgemental!!! my cycles have been mostly 30-36 days long until the last 2 cycles being only about 20days long :/ we are just seeing how things go, not using any form of contraceptives. If you have an Iphone i recommend downloading fertility friend as it makes it really easy to track your cycle and also u can add any details ie spotting, pain, temps etc. good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, I had the implant in for the full 3 years. I was like a bull on a ramage the mood swings we 24-7. The first 2 year I bleed for 3 months solid no breaks and then had two weeks off then back on for 3 months continulously for 2 years! Hated every moment but I stuck with it and it became okay to deal with the last year. I got it removed and started trying for a baby straight away and got pregnant after one month! Unfortunatly I lost my baby but I dont blame the implant for that as far as im aware it had nothing to do with it...

Implant removed period couple weeks late BFP 6 weeks from date it was removed x

M
Implant removed period couple weeks late BFP 6 weeks from date it was removed x

So your twins were conceived the same cycle that your implant was removed? I keep seeing ladies saying they got pregnant with twins straight off bc. Usually implants and iuds. Im a little paranoid about getting pregnant with twins. :haha: 3 under 2 would be chaos!

Omg. I totally misread your signature :blush::blush:
I see now that your girls aren't twins:haha: Stupid me :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"