• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone have a caesarean and cysts removed at same time?

windswept

Reaction score
Hi All

I will be having a caesarean in a few days, and will have my large ovarian cysts removed at the same time... Have any of you lovely ladies gone through this experience?

Did the cyst element mean it took longer to recover? Did the whole procedure last a lot longer?

Just looking for reassurance/the truth about how long I'll be before I get back on my feet, etc, etc.

Thanks!

I had a cyst removed but I'm not sure if it took longer - I was there for about 40 minutes after LO was born. I wasn't told recovery would take longer and I don't have anything to compare it to so I can't comment on that really.

I have had both done.. together and cysts before pregnancy also. Recovery didnt take any longer than I would expect from a c-sec. I was under general anaesthetic, for other reasons though. x

I am usually a lurker and not a poster, but I had my baby by c-section almost 4 months ago. The doctor decided to remove an ovarian cyst at the same time. It did take longer. I had to have a second dose of the spinal because I started feeling a lot of pain. They also moved my uterus out of my body to get to the ovary. They (two doctor) had a difficult time getting my uterus back into. I laid on the table dry heaving from the nausea as they literally SHOVED my guts back inside of me. It was not the most fun time.

Thanks Ladies - seems I am not alone!

I am a little concerned that the size of my cyst (9.5 cm) and the fact that we haven't been able to see it on scans since about 12 weeks will mean that they will have difficulty getting to it, and therefore I might have to go through what you have, Bella... Sounds like you had a tough time of it. Did you find it terribly painful during recovery? I know the pain of the cysts is pretty bad at times, so perhaps it is the lesser of two evils?

I had a bad experience with an internal examination and worry about a reoccurence - I woke up during a colonoscopy, in excrutiating pain, and in my woozy state ended up hitting out at the doctors and nurses and ripping all the tubes out of me - I bruised all my insides with the wriggling and took a long time to get back on my feet. I am scared of anaesthetics now! Don't trust them!

I had a cyst removed when I had William.

On the positive side I don't remember it at all, I was cuddling him and talking to him and it seemed to take no time at all. It wasn't uncomfortable and I had no pain afterwards. I had an infection which which made recovery longer but that was nothing to do with the cyst and aside from that I was fine.

On the negative side they had to take out the ovary and fallopian tube on that side because the cyst I had was huge and did a lot of damage. I was warned that could be the case beforehand. If that was an issue for you I think they would have told you by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"