Anyone have a Citreon xsara picasso??

malpal

Mummy to 3 girlies!!!
Reaction score
Just after some thoughts on anyone who has one of these cars.

We have just sold my beloved sport ka as we have to change my car with the twins on the way. I have to have a car with 3x3 point seatbelts and full size seats in the back.

We have been trawelling the internet and garages since we found out about the twins and this is the one that seems to be the best option. It will only be for a 2nd car.

I would really just like to get some opinions about them from people who have had or have them.
Please be as honest as you can.
thanks in advance xxxxx

Hi hun

First off congrats on the twin bump and what a cutie your lo is.

We changed from a Renault Grande Scenic to a Picasso in November after the birth of DS3.

I have 1 booster seat, 1 booster with a back and a rear facing on a graco auto base and they do all fit it. The older 2 cant do their belts on their own as it is a squash but that wouldnt be a issue for you at the mo.

When they are all in there is plenty of room too.

We had never considered a Picasso and I still dont like the look of it from the outside but there is so much space inside and the boot is a good size too.

We have the diesel model and it is very economical, especially compared to the petrol Renault.

Hope that is of some help but any questions let me know.

Good luck x

Hi hun

First off congrats on the twin bump and what a cutie your lo is.

We changed from a Renault Grande Scenic to a Picasso in November after the birth of DS3.

I have 1 booster seat, 1 booster with a back and a rear facing on a graco auto base and they do all fit it. The older 2 cant do their belts on their own as it is a squash but that wouldnt be a issue for you at the mo.

When they are all in there is plenty of room too.

We had never considered a Picasso and I still dont like the look of it from the outside but there is so much space inside and the boot is a good size too.

We have the diesel model and it is very economical, especially compared to the petrol Renault.

Hope that is of some help but any questions let me know.

Good luck x

thank you so much for the reply.

we had also been looking at the grand scenic but i think we have settled on the citreon. I know what you mean about the looks and i did have a sulk for a while but needs must i and i have to grow up and stop worrying about my car!!! i'll leave that to dh!
I'm glad about the seats and all the babies will be in car seats so once they are strapped in place i don't have to worry about the seat belts.
again thanks for your help xxxxx

my papa used to have one and i was insured on it, it's a really lovely car to drive and your a little higher up which I found very useful. There is plenty of room in the back also.

they are also a very safe car, my dad was involved in a crash in his car when someone was driving up the wrong side of the road, lost control and smashed into his car. The car was a total write-off, the entire front of the car was smashed up but my dad escaped with not a mark on him, the police told him if he had been in pretty much any other car he could have seriously damaged his legs, but in the car there wasn't a thing out of place (nothing pushed up into the car, another), so yeah a very safe car. you can also turn the front passenger airbag off if you want to put a rear facing car seat in the front.

thanks hun that's really good to know xx

Thanks for posting - we too will need to change our car (we'll have a LO to fit in as well as our dog). We have been considering this. I agree on the look, I love my sporty little 3 door clio. BUT we already have issues fitting things in. Needs must and all.

DH is still looking at lovely cars - that we can't afford! :nope:

I've never driven one of these myself but I know that my team leader at work swears by her picasso and says its the most reliable car she's ever owned. She has twins that are a year and a half old and a 3 year old and she says that there's plenty of room in the car and that she's v. glad she bought it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->