Anyone have a headache cure they'd like to share?

too_scared

Finn's mommy <3
Reaction score
My head is killing me today. :( Usually I get in a hot (not hot hot but warmer than usual) bath with a gel ice pack on my head and that makes it feel better. It didn't help tonight. :(

Now I'm laying in my dark room with ice on my head. My belly is queasy too so I'm guessing migraine (that's why I find it strange the bath didn't help)

I don't take any meds while pregnant so Tylenol isn't happening. Especially since the new study came out showing a link between Tylenol use in pregnancy and adhd in kids. (I know it was high use of Tylenol and the study wasn't perfect, but I won't take the risk)

I've also tried drinking lots of fluids in case it was dehydration and then I tried a coffee for the caffeine. Neither helped.

Anyone have any tried and true headache cures that don't involve meds?

I just lay in a dark room and alternate ice from the base of skull to the top of my head and to the forehead. And go to sleep for the night or a couple hours if its during the day. Try not to eat aged cheese or processed foods, caffiene can make a migraine worse too. Certain fruits can make it worse too. Dark room and ice for quite a few hours is the only thing that helps my migraines.

Thank you. I'll have to try moving the ice. Usually I just keep it on the sore spot (which is usually on the right side, towards the front).

I generally don't have issues with cheese, I eat some old cheddar nearly every day. I generally don't have issues with migraines. Every now and then I will get one in pregnancy and otherwise it's maybe one or two a year.

Usually caffeine doesn't make my headaches worse. But I would normally take an advil with a little coke or something. Obviously not something I would do now.

Thank you for the tips :)

Yw! Let me ask you a question is the headache always on the right side when you get it?

I don't know if you are a religious person or not. But I am. I can feel other peoples pain. If you touch the left side of your head right in front of your left temple (between your left temple and eyebrow bone) and pray for god to help your hypothalamus gland to regulate in Jesus' name. Your head ache should go away. I did this and prayed for your head ache and my headache went away.

Thank you.

I think it is always on the right. It is nearly gone now but I've been wide awake for about an hour now and I'm afraid it's going to come back. It's 4:50 am now. :(

My sister and her family are here visiting from out of province and they are going tomorrow to stay a night away. It is really too bad because she was awesome help yesterday until my dh got home from work. Hopefully I wake up in the morning and it's completely gone.

I'm not a religious person, but thank you for praying for me. :)

Pregnancy headaches suck! I had the worst ones with my first pregnancy.
I don't really have any remedy. Try to sleep when you can, relax, and reduce salt/sugar intake... my sympathies

Thank you :) It seems to be gone right now. Every now and then it almost threatens to come back but not so far.

(I just realized that I asked for a headache cute... Changed that now! Haha)

Make sure your drinking lots of water and getting plenty of rest. I promise you this will work. Also take 2 paracetamol xx

I'm trying really hard to drink enough water. I'm not really loving it lately because of the ms but I'm able to drink lemonade. I'm getting about 8 cups of liquids combined water and lemonade.

Rest is nearly impossible with a busy one year old! Haha! I rest when he naps and I've been trying to sleep when he does at night. He's really been fighting nighttime sleep lately, thank you leap 9 and teething. :wacko:

I don't take meds when I'm pregnant. Paracetomol is the same as Tylenol. Tylenol doesn't work for me when I'm not pregnant so don't plan to take it when I'm pregnant and risk it not doing anything and putting meds into baby's body. (I'm stubborn. What can I say? :haha:)

Thank you.

I think it is always on the right. It is nearly gone now but I've been wide awake for about an hour now and I'm afraid it's going to come back. It's 4:50 am now. :(

My sister and her family are here visiting from out of province and they are going tomorrow to stay a night away. It is really too bad because she was awesome help yesterday until my dh got home from work. Hopefully I wake up in the morning and it's completely gone.

I'm not a religious person, but thank you for praying for me. :)

I'm wondering how your morning went and if the headache stayed away. It is great to have family there when you need them. When I answered your question last night my headache got worse around my right temple , right eye and near my right ear. And then I realized I was probably feeling your headache. So I prayed for yours and mine went away. That is how it usually happens but I've never felt someone's pain from another country lol it was weird so I had to call my mother in law. You may think I'm weird but I'm ok with that a lot of people do. Lol I hope you feel better and that your headache stays away.

Thank you for your help :)

I don't think you're weird! Haha! I had a friend a long time ago who was the same.

Ice on my head, eating some ice cubes to get some water in my queasy tummy, and sleep helped a lot.

Oh good! I'm glad you feel better! Its no fun having headaches on top of all the other discomfort!

I did 2 Tylenol and a cup of regular coffee... It worked. But here I am again with another headache...

Morning sickness has left now for the most part though.

I hope your headaches go away soon...

Thank you leinz.

I'm so glad to hear that your ms has mostly gone. That's great news! Too bad you have another headache, though. Sometimes I have to do caffeine too. I hope you feel better very soon.

I'm trying an amber necklace to see if that helps. :)

Yeah, I suffered about 12 hours of intense pain before I tried the caffeine. Within 15 minutes it was gone and I was like Ahhhhh.

I will do it again if I get a really bad one. Yesterdays hurt but it was more like a mild pain. I could at least tend to daily tasks with it.

That's the worst thing about headaches. It's so hard to get things done when they hurt so bad.

Hopefully you don't get a really bad one like that again.

During my first pregnancy my neurologist advised caffeine and sugar as first line of attack against migraine - coffee with sugar, drink of cola etc. It definitely helped for me and I was happier with that than medication.

Dark room, open the windows, plenty of water, paracetamol and here in the UK we have a stick that you rub on the head called 4head, to relieve tension headaches/ migraines, it makes the head cool like putting a cold flannel on, US probably has something similar.

You have my sympathy, I've always suffered from migraines and they're so awful sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->