Anyone have a hot tub?

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
A year ago we were given one from a customer as they didn't want it anymore. We've never hooked it up and just recently we had it moved from MIL's house to our house as we didn't when we moved in July 2007.

Anyhow, the pump isn't working. What makes me laugh so hard is that once Dan gets something into his head, it's all he talks about or wants....he has tunnel vision. Talk about the kids....subject gets changed back to the hot tub. Talk about work...subject gets changed back to the hot tub. Etc., etc. He can drive me nuts at times!

Now, he's looking in Craigs list for a cheaper one. Guess what his goal will be tomorrow as he saw a few he liked? Yep, I bet by the end of the day he will have bought one. ROFL!

Anyhow, to those that do have one, do you use it often?

Ok, someone tell him to shut up! I don't want to talk about hot tubs anymore!

LOL!!! We have one. And we used it a TON when we first got it, not so much anymore. Its really nice in the winter or cool fall evenings. We find it $$ to upkeep it.
They are a fun entertainment thing tho! Have friends over and have a few drinks (as long as you're not pregnant LOL)

Yes, I can see it costing money to upkeep. But, hey, OH is paying the bills. ROFL!

He's also buying the hot tub. And after two weeks of non-stopping talking about it....just friggin get it. LOL

i got one and we were using all the time ...since we are ttc not anymore but daniel can't wait until he can get back into it for sure !!!!

ps: we have a economic run option on ours so in the middle of the night it run less hot and you save energy and $$ etc...

Our building has one :lol: But we never use it, not going to go up there in a bathing suit no way no how :rofl:

When I lived at home we had one in our backyard and I only used it a couple times... We have 5 in our apartment building but we really only go in once in a while. Since gaining weight, I honestly hate getting in a swim suit. =(

We have a jacuzzi tub- love it but sometimes it irritates my skin. It's built in to my bathtub and my son loves it as well.

lol does a bath with really really hot water count and bubbles lol....xx

One place where I lived/worked had a hottub on their porch... And it was AWESOME!!!!!!! It felt so good to sit in, just awesome in the winter. I loved it and used it all the time, it is great for aches and pains.

I have a jacuzzi tub too...I mean,I think thats how it's called.Like a big tub in my bathroom,it's round and has bubbles and all that crap around (obviously I'm so enthusiastic about it :lol:).
Anyway...I hardly ever use it.I'm a shower person!

My mum has one, and tbh she leaves it on permanently because it costs so much to heat up each and everytime and whatnot.

She used to use it everyday lol but now it gets used maybe once or twice a fortnight. Its just a lot of work keeping it clean and having to drain it and fill it back up again, the water gets so greasy so easily with everyone jumping in and out lol

Does anyone have, or has anyone seen them Lay-Z-Spas? They cost less than £300.
My wife wants one and I have to admit they look ok.

We have a lay-z-spa (the 6 man one) and its great. bit of a pain to clean it and sort out the filters but on the whole really good. Get really hot as well. We keep ours at about 37 degrees cos 40 is too hot for us. We got it for £239 on special offer a few months back and i love it. Should have been nearer to £500. One tip though if you're gonna buy a lay-z-spa is that if its a round 4 man one then buy the beige one as the blue ones were discontinued due to the heaters breaking down on them. The beige ones are the 2008 model. Would definitely recommend one though!

He's going to look at a hot tub and will chose between two today. I expect him to call in 1/2 hour or so talking about hot tubs. LOL

I bet you he will have bought one by the end of the day!

BTW, no way in hell will I be seen in a bathing suit right now. :(

Your cranky neighbour might want to pop round for a go lol!!

The hot tub extravaganza is over. He's found one and is picking it up as we speak. Going to be an all afternoon thing with him hooking it up, etc.

BUT, tomorrow I may actually get to talk to him about something other than "hot tubs." ROFL!

It was that bad Vickie!

Honestly, he was thinking of buying a brand new one - cost $10,000. I told him no way in hell.

I told him to keep looking on Craigs list. ROFL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->