Anyone have a little boy named James?

kitkez

Reaction score
Really struggling with baby names. Me and my partner can't find one that we know we definitely love,mim forever changing my mind and saying the names over and over. I keep thinking about James but can only imagine a teenager. Wondered if anybody had a James and would like to share photos, feel like it would help to see lots of James'....cause I know it is a popular name

I'm using James as my middle name! it's a family name on both sides coincidentially and I love it. I got scared of using it as a first name because I know that the James in my family get shortened to Jim.
Maybe that doesn't happen for everyone?

Hmmm never heard of Jim .... There's no James' in our family lol x

My friends name is James and he's been called Jimmy his entire life lol ..which suits him. Just gotta be careful if those kinda things when naming.

I really like James and if shortened could be Jamie. However we have two member of the family who have both used it as a middle name, so no chance will I be using it.

james.jpg

I have a nephew named James and he is the sweetest boy in the world! He's 5 and a half now, but this pic I've uploaded, I think he's about 4 yrs in it. He's covered in flour because we were all making pasta at my mom's house for Christmas and he was 'helping'. I couldn't find a good pic of him as baby, but hope this will do. And we NEVER call him Jim or Jimmy...just James.

I've always known my friend James as Jim. I like James, but the shortening to Jim puts me off using it. Two of my cousins have James as a middle name.

I have a James... I think its a lovely name... Here is a picture when he was just born and another when he was nearly 2.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 3
  • James.jpg
    James.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 4
I've known a number of Jim's, only a couple people who actually used James...I've been wondering if there will be a spike in popularity for this ancient name because of Harry Potty.

My uncle is named James (late 40s) - James Anthony. He goes by Jim or Jimmy.

He has a friend also named James, who goes by Jamie.

My friend Em has a boy named James, after his dad. He goes by Jimmy (and is 8 years old or so). His dad goes by James - not Jim, Jimmy, or Jamie.

And two of my colleagues (in their 30s) are also James who only go by "James".

I work in a daycare, and this year have 2 James' in my class. One is 5 months old and the other 8 months. They both go by James, no nickname yet. I think it is a cute name, and it suits each of them in a different way :)

I have an uncle jimmy who is in his 50s and I had a cousin called Jamie but he died of cot death at 2 year old :cry:

Thanks for your responses :) and both the boys pictures are totally adorable x

In the US, James has always been a very popular name... mostly among men currently ages 30-50. And there are some new little James babies prob named after their daddy's. Every James I know goes by "Jim" or "Jimmy." But it can also be shortened to Jamie which is super cute!! LOVE Jamie!

I have a James! He is four and an absolute doll. Ball of energy and so much fun to be around.

We NEVER call him Jim or Jimmy. I consider those to be different names, rather than nicknames for James. Sometimes, affectionately, my husband and I call him Jamesy.

For some reason, old ladies seem to really approve of his name, smiling and nodding when I say that his name is James.

My James is a big fan of Thomas the Tank Engine and his friends, And there is an engine named James. My James loves Jamesthetrain, and carries his toy trains around. Once he misplaced his James train so my little boy came up and said, "Mommy, have you seen James?". It was kind if cute.

I have a little boy names James - he is called my man child husband.

He goes by Jim. As a boy he was Jimmy, except for some reason his papa called him Jamie. I call him Jimbo as a pet name and really dont care for it when others refer to him as Jimbo.

Anyways. His legal name is James but goes by Jim.

I have a couple friends who are named James and are James. With a name like that I think you as parents set the course for James staying James or becoming Jim.

Just like with William - Will, Bill or Liam.

On this baby names site people upload pictures of themselves or their kids with the name. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see all the James!

https://www.babynames.com/name/James

James is my little boy's name. He's 2 and adorable. We nearly didn't call him James because my oh was worried he would be called Jim or Jimmy but when he was born I just knew he was a James! I would NEVER call him anything else because his name is James and it suits him. I also think it's a lovely name for a man as well as a boy. We occasionally call him
Jamesy as a pet name and even sometimes JimJams when we're being silly but only because he's a baby! I would be taken aback if anyone else called him those names!!
I think you should def go for James - it's the best name!! ;)

James is really nice...a nice solid normal name..I think there's a lot to be said for those names. Everyone tries to be so unique and odd that they use just the most dreadful names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->