Anyone have a Mothercare Trenton Deluxe pushchair travel system?

mrsraggle

Wifey & Mummy
Reaction score
RE the above really. We went to Mothercare today and this is the pram we're sold on but just wanted to get some thoughts and opinions really:

Mothercare Trenton Deluxe pushchair travel system - Lightning
Link: https://www.mothercare.com/dp/B001SADRYM/278-9220109-5243761?_encoding=UTF8&mcb=core#customerReviews

Many thanks in advance!

i bought this pram when was preegnant with logan. i loved it , it had everything, wasnt a bad price , looked nice and i just had to have it. however once logan arrived i lasted 2 months with it before getting another it was big and bulking and was heavy this was only a prob for me as i had to go up and down like 50 steps each time i went out , i struggled to carry it folded let alone bounce it up and down steps with a baby in lol and lived in a flat so it took up more room than i wanted . and i just grew to hate it. also i found logan hated it too, he gew out of the carrycot part quicker than i would have liked and he didnt like the pram part as he was a fussy baby and liked alot of space. this is the reason i choose the maclaren xlr after as the seat is big and wide and now he has plenty of space lol. plus it took up alot of room in boot or car.

with this said though if logan wasnt so fussy and i didnt have all those steps at the time and didnt live in a 1 bed 2nd floor flat i would have kept it, i would buy it for this baby as i have no steps , bigger house ect but have gone with something different.the shopping basket was great, was nice and big, steering was great i could push with one hand and could fold the pram down with one hand and logan in the other, taking the carseat on off pram was easy ect

sorry if this didnt help at all. thought id say my probs with it but what i loved too :) xx

I've gone with the Trenton and I am looking forward to using it when I pop!!! I found it is a good price and I had a similar one when I had my DS, found it to be brilliant and think this one is more light weight than my last travel system, though the car seat is fairly heavy, even without a baby in it! As is the buggy when it's folded down, but seeing as it will be living in the boot of my car most of the time I'm not really fussed. When am I going to be carrying it round folded up? Lol.

I have the graco quattro deluxe - which is the exact same pram, just different badges on.

i LOVE it! However, it is, as mentioned, big and bulky, its fairly wide, and only just fits into the boot of my golf, i leave it in my boot, but i wouldnt fancy having to carry it anywhere!

But, the reason i love it is because it is bulky! - or more specifically, because it can take some stick! It is really light to push, really easy to fold down, and really easy to move from lay flat to upright when using as a push chair.

while on maternity i walked at least 1.5 hours a day, whether that be on pavements, or on tracks round lakes etc, and it was great.

I went out one day with a friend who had a quinny (not sure which one) I pushed her baby and it was soooooooooooooo light, which was great, but it also meant that it was impossible to push uphill, as it kept tipping (baby was in the car seat on a chasis) and it was not possible to stop if you were on even a slight incline. and as it was made to be light and small, there was no where to even hang your changing bag - (i put mine over the handles) there was also no basket on the bottom, which on the graco i find invaluable! I then decided i liked my big and bulky travelsystem!

As previously stated, we didnt use the carrycot part for long (about 6 weeks) from then on we used the car seat on the pushchair (rear facing) but from 3.5 months old, Reuben went in it as a pushchair as he loved to look out, i think there is plenty of space though when put facing forward.

HTH a litte!

Thanks for all the feedback guys - really helpful!

I have just bought this system from mothercare, i havent assembled it yet. It doesnt come with a car seat base, mothercare have said to get it from graco but i dont know which one to get, can anyone help me please? Thank you

Noticed that this is a fairly old post, however, it's a subject I also need info on! I am planning to buy the Trenton Deluxe, Kim, expecting my first in May :) Although it did feel heavy, this is a reason I chose it, as other prams seemed to 'tip' if I tried to manoeuvre left or right, so the Trenton seemed a good, robust pram for the little one, when he or she arrives! When are you due? I have looked at the Graco models, and noticed that they have different wheels, so maybe there are not completely the same... Or maybe they just use different wheels for some individuality lol!!

About the car seat base you need, I will be going into Mothercare over the next couple of weeks to place my order, so I'll ask them exactly what is needed and keep you informed if you like?

All these things to buy! We are no longer shopping for ourselves, I even bought a little pair of bootees and some bibs today, couldn't resist! ;) x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->