Anyone have babies close together.

Hotbell312

Reaction score
I have a 6 mo old and just found out I'm pregnant again. A little bit scared to have two so close together. Anyone with a similar experience? How did your second pregnancy go?

No similar experience yet...but I'm in the same boat. Our baby is 7 months and we aee having another, about 15 months apart. We are scared but excited. Our 7 month old though has been going through a sleep regression and was up at 2am last night ready to play :wacko: thats when I start to wonder if we are going to survive this! :dohh:

I had 3 under 3 with the youngest being a newborn. They all lived lol

We fell pregnant when dd was 6 months old. 25 weeks now. Cant wait for the close age gap. Lots of our friends have children with similar age gaps and their children are inseparable, it's so cute! All I will say is I've found this pregnancy a little harder going. Its tough looking after a baby and being pregnant, wish my dd would sleep and then im sure it would be easier. Wouldn't change it though, I'm really excited! Congratulations!

DD was 3 months old when I found out I was expecting DS.
To make things more interesting, DS was 7 weeks early so they ended up being 10 months apart.
DD is now 5 and DS is 4.
My first pregnancy was pretty easy and my 2nd was as well. Only issue was DS was so early and spent a month in the NICU but he's totally healthy now.
I had an epidural with DD and natural birth with DS.
Sometimes it drives me crazy that they're so close but more often than not, it's not so bad. They're playmates and partners in crime.
And it couldn't have been too bad because after all that I'm now expecting my 3rd :p

Thank you ladies. My little one is regressing in sleep too:(. I guess I will survive, people with twins do it. I'm very nervous. My husband is happy, but his family seems disappointed. I don't know why because we are both in our thirties and thankfully able to financially handle it. It is very hard having a baby and dealing with all the nausea and cramps;(

My Lo is almost 10 moths old and sleeps like a newborn going through a growth spurt, ugh. He wakes every 2 hours all night and takes 2, two hour naps a day and he's extremely active. I'm almost 6 weeks now and completely exhausted. He's a happy baby but just never sleeps. they will be 17.5 months apart, which is my closest age gap. My older boys are 21 months apart and when they were babies it was a little difficult but not that bad. Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine :)

LO is 9 months old and I'm 8 weeks. HUGE surprise but we will make the best of it. I'm also dealing with sleep regressions and teething and wondering how I am going to survive. I think it will be hard to have an inquisitive toddler that never sleeps and constantly on the go with a newborn but with 7 years between my boys it will be nice to have 2 that are close together.

Yep, I did it! When DS was 6.5 months, I got pregnant with DD. Pretty easy pregnancy, nice quick labor. It's crazy, because when we first got pregnant with our daughter, our son was just a baby. Still woke for night feeds, couldn't walk or even crawl. By the time she was born, he was sleeping 12+ hours at night, walking, and even talking. 9 months is a long time. We have a 16.5 month age gap between them, and it actually has not been impossibly hard like everyone said. The crazy thing is we just found out a couple weeks ago that we are pregnant with NUMBER THREE. And my daughter is only 8 months old. So provided this pregnancy sticks, we will actually have 3 under 3 for about 5 months! Yikes!

My oldest two are 16 months apart. My pregnancy with my second was fairly easy right up until the end. I ended up with really bad pelvic pain, but I think it was just because my second was a huge baby and not because of the closeness of the pregnancies. It was harder being pregnant and having a baby to look after, but luckily I was able to nap when DS did, so that helped. DS did amazingly well when we brought DD home from the hospital, too, which made things easier.

Now, DS is 8 and DD is almost 7 and they are inseparable. They play together all the time and are best friends. They are each others biggest protectors and are always caring for the other. I won't lie, they do fight quite a bit but normally they will get over whatever it is just as quickly as it started. It was a whirlwind when they were babies and toddlers and it was hard sometimes, but I absolutely love their age gap now and wouldn't change it for the world.

Good luck! I'm sure you will do great! :flower:

I had my first two 12 months apart. My first born was 14 weeks when I fell pregnant again. The hardest part was them both not sleeping through the night if I'm honest. Pregnancy was a breeze luckily x

Hello, i found out i was pregnant when ds was 4 months i will have a 13 month gap :wacko:i was really nervous at first, i was terrified to be honest, but i am getting there, i had my 20 week scan a few days ago, and i was so happy to see a healthy baby that all the worry has melted away really xxx Still not feeling 100% real but we will all be fine xxxx

my kids are 14 months apart. it's great! they play amazing.

Mine are 12 m 10 d apart, and while it's hard, it's the best thing in the world to have them close in age! I love the small age gap.

There's just short of a year between my eldest 2. At the start, my eldest needed more attention and my other son slept and ate which was fine. My eldest didn't sleep through when I gave birth so that was tough but They are really good friends now and I love the age gap between them x

I have just less than a year between 2 of mine, I loved the age gap, didn't find it difficult at all, the newborn just slotted in and it was lovely having 2 babies so close together.

I haven't experienced it myself but have friends that say it has been great to get the stages done together and that their kids are super close.

I'm a glutton for punishment with these age gaps; getting a taste of the kids being able to do loads independently then going back to square 1 ;o)

Hi there! I am now expecting #6. When my last one was born and for a couple of months after, i had 4 under 4! :D

I love the small gaps. You will be fine!! This baby I am expecting will be 15 months younger than my youngest, so also a small gap.

I have a 4 month old that's doesn't sleep and doesn't like been put down a 2year old that Wales up at 5am and a 4 year old that refuses to goto bed and am 10 weeks pregnant!!! I very worried that it's all going to be too much but we will see

You will survive first 2 years them they gona be best buddies and patner in w every crime lol....my DS and dd are 14 months apart now they are 4 and 3 years old and entertaining each other ...it's pretty much like you have twins ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->