• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone have crohns and NTNP

londonbird

Reaction score
Hi guys

Not been on for a while, been nearly a year since I miscarried, we are now NTNP. Pretty much I am not happy taking the pill anymore, so we are just going with it and what happens happens...we are moderately careful.. but not so much as to use contraception anymore

Anyways I have had trouble with anorexia in the past, have that under control but now I am having a flare of my crohns. Using a lot of painkillers & steroids right now + unable to eat solids. Bit concearned if I do become pregnant if this will have any effect.. considering going back on the pill for a month until I am better

Any advice or experience would be fantastic

Thans in advance

I have no experience with crohns, but I just want to wish you luck and hope you get better.

I can sympathize with illness/using medication/pregnancy thoughts though. I had a severe back injury and still have back problems. I now use muscle relaxers/pain meds/numbing agents for flare ups. Though I regulate how much I try to use them, I am terrified of a flare up while pregnant and having no choices of meds for relief!

Cant offer any advice as i dont suffer with anything like that. I thought i would say to go with the flow and do what feels right for you. I know you say that you cant eat solid food at the mo, but if you were to fall now, the baby will get what it needs from you whatever your eating, if you were worried you could take pregnancy supplements to make sure your baby would be getting what it needs. I would just do what feels right for you, follow your heart.

Thank you guys

I just know I could be and am worrying about all the meds in my system, plus just managing on water/jelly( US Jello)... no nutrients at all!!

Debating going back on the pill, really dont want to but would be worried if I did become pregnant

Thanks so much xx

I had a friend with Crohns who had a child a few years back. I don't know if she had any issues, but he's a healthy baby. I wish I had more information I could share! Good luck! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->