Anyone have experience of an early pregnancy scan?

Millies.Mummy

Mum of 1
Reaction score
I have one booked for friday to establish a due date. I'm really nervous though! Don't really know what to expect...Hoping for good news!

Do you know roughly how far along you are?

I have no idea! I don't have periods or anything to go by... I think I am about 7 weeks though.

Oh ok :) well if you are over 6 weeks you should see a heartbeat! Good luck!!

Depending how far along you are, they may be able to see via ultrasound,if not then will do a transvaginal scan where they will be able to see alot more, hopefully a heartbeat, I have an early scan on thurs xx

I had a vaginal scan at 8 weeks 2 days. Saw the heartbeat and everything.

Good luck!

:thumbup:

Depending how far along you are, they may be able to see via ultrasound,if not then will do a transvaginal scan where they will be able to see alot more, hopefully a heartbeat, I have an early scan on thurs xx

ah thank you. let me know how yours goes!

I'm about 8 weeks now and have had 4 early scans due to some precautions and other issues. Everything looking good so far and I go back for my next scan on Friday. Here's how mine have gone so far:

5w: just gestational sac
6w: gestational sac, yolk sac, fetal pole, no heartbeat
6w3d: gestational sac, yolk sac, fetal pole, heartbeat at 95bpm
7w3d: follow-up - different location only told that there was a strong heartbeat but no other details
I'll be 8w3d when I go on Friday then hopefully won't need to go back until 12 weeks if all goes well!

I went into the ER on 12/12 because of cramping after sex. I was 7.0 weeks since my lmp. The tech did an abdominal and vaginal ultrasound where I saw the baby with both. She turned the screen away at first in case something was wrong though. I swear she did a hundred measurements before she said I was 6.5 weeks and the HB was 134. I go for my first appt with ob on 12/23 and I really hope all is still good.

I had an early ultrasound at 5w6d and I saw the gestational sac, yolk sac, fetal pole, and the flicker of the heart beat :)

https://www.baby2see.com/development/ultrasound_sonogram/first_trimester_scans.html << This link explains it all.

I had an early scan yesterday at 6w 5d and saw its heartbeat! Its very reassuring :) good luck xx

I went into the ER on 12/12 because of cramping after sex. I was 7.0 weeks since my lmp. The tech did an abdominal and vaginal ultrasound where I saw the baby with both. She turned the screen away at first in case something was wrong though. I swear she did a hundred measurements before she said I was 6.5 weeks and the HB was 134. I go for my first appt with ob on 12/23 and I really hope all is still good.

I had a scan yesterday at 6+1 and saw the sac, foetal pole and the heartbeat flicker on the screen, it was amazing!

Thank you for your replies everyone! That link was really helpful :) Will update on friday (hopefully with good news) x

Hey, I had mine today, they put me at 6weeks 4 days, saw the heartbeat, all was done by ultrasound xx good luck

Hey, I had mine today, they put me at 6weeks 4 days, saw the heartbeat, all was done by ultrasound xx good luck

Ah fantastic!!! :happydance: Congratulations!!

I had a scan at 4 weeks due to my doctor thinking there was still tissue left over from the D&C causing me to have positive pregnancy tests and found out I was 4 weeks pregnant, I saw a gestational sac and the tech said you're lucky to even see that this early on! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->