Anyone have experience of Auditory Neuropathy

great news! So glad you finally got some positive dialogue with the audiologist. It can only go in the right direction from here! x

Just a note to say, I didn't want to read and dash, my sons hearing test was fine as a new born... And he reacted with glee at any music.... To the point of refusing to sleep if he heard the music stop and waking up once it had.... However due to his other challenges including epilepsy, ADHD, sensory intergration disorder, learning difficulties and now they think dyslexia... He REFUSED to interact at all in the tests.... Refused to pay attention to a single thing.... My recommendation is if you need to, film your child and noise in the home where you can control the factors....... And I automatically taught him baby sign as a baby anyway as he gets so easily frustrated.... His speech was a bit delayed but that could be due to the epilepsy.... I find the signs which mr tumble uses are fairly easy to do, and are fun for children with and without hearing loss to watch...

Abby hears and speaks very well and also loves Mr Tumble. shhhh don't tell anyone but I love it too!

He REFUSED to interact at all in the tests.... Refused to pay attention to a single thing.... My recommendation is if you need to, film your child and noise in the home where you can control the factors .......

Exactly what we did, and it paid off.

Abby hears and speaks very well and also loves Mr Tumble. shhhh don't tell anyone but I love it too!

Why the need for "shhhh"? Sherryberry and I took out littl'uns to see Mr Tumble live at Salford Quays earlier this year, was a very damp day (outdoors show) but great fun :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->