Anyone have experience of slapped cheek in early pregnancy.

darkriver

Reaction score
My daughter has been poorly for a week or so and finally got a diagnosis of slapped cheek. Obviously google is throwing up some scary things and I am looking for experience please.

My sister was pregnant when he daughter got slapped cheek, there's not much you can do you can't quarantine each other and they told her more than likely she was exposed to it before it came out on her daughter.

Give your doctor a call and just let them know they may want to do a couple of tests

Definitely go and get a test for immunity to set your mind at ease. It's quite possible you're immune as it's a common childhood virus, and knowing your status will at least take the uncertainty away.

However in the meantime until you know your status, I personally would not go with the "there's not much you can do" approach. It's spread through secretions, so take as much care as possible to avoid inhaling or touching your daughter's tissues etc, wash hands super-vigilantly, etc, even though your daughter is probably now past the infectious stage.

I don't have direct experience but sadly my cousin lost her daughter at just a few days old due to hydrops fetalis as a complication of slap cheek in pregnancy. I was honestly shocked that even though it is rare for this to happen, this is not generally something that pregnant women are warned about (in the same vein as rubella).

:hugs: I know this must be a very anxious time for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->