Anyone have intermittent strong period-like cramps?

mayacat

Reaction score
And have everything work out? I got woken up last night by some particularly uncomfortable cramps but when I went to the bathroom, they went away (5 hours ago, still good). Am I correct that as long as there's no bleeding that t's probably still good? I'm sitting at 6w 2d.

I have. I got them in my last pregnancy and in this one. I had a perfectly normal and healthy pregnancy with my son.

I got woken up by these cramps several times. They felt like AF cramps but worse. It only subsided with a hot water bottle. I'm not bleeding but it still worries me a bit. I've read that it is normal to have these cramps in early pregnancy.

Me! :) I had these at the beginning and the other day. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish poop pains from uterine pain

Me! :) I had these at the beginning and the other day. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish poop pains from uterine pain

Yes! Ain't that the truth! That constipation will get you! I had bad pains from that yesterday.

haha, I'm glad you said that! Because the more I think about it and how I got relief, the more I think it was "poop pains" instead. Wow, tmi for everyone I think, but oh well, lol. Thank you for your replies!

I had strong AF cramps on and off for the whole of 1st tri.

I'm glad you posted this because I've been worrying like crazy the last few days. I woke up in the middle of the night Monday with horrible, strong cramps that felt like AF but worse. They subsided Tuesday morning, but I had another one later Tuesday afternoon. And I had one about an hour ago, short but strong. But mine aren't relieved by a BM, so I don't think it's that. I haven't seen even a single spot of blood, but it's worrisome.

I was having intermittent really painful stabbing sharp pains and constant pressure/cramping in my right lower pelvic area and was totally freaked out. I went in today which is 5 weeks 6 days for a scan and it turned out to be a corpus luteum cyst with a lot of blood and free fluid in my pelvis. Pre-pregnancy I had these too so I should have known but this is my first pregnancy so I was freaked out about ectopic etc. It wasn't and I could see the yolk sack in my uterus! She said the fluid would reabsorb eventually but that it was likely what was causing my pain.

My BIGGEST takeaway from this is that if you are anxious just call your doctor and go in for an early scan to put your mind at ease. My scan took 5 minutes. I felt like a silly newbie mom calling them with what seemed like it could be normal pregnancy pain but they all reassured me that they want me to call when anything feels "off." Everyone was very supportive and glad that I went in because you never know. Good luck hun!

I'm in the same boat, too! Sometimes relived by a BM, other times, I hope it's just my uterus stretching, making room for this beautiful baby.

Hope everyone feels better!

From weeks 5-8 I had bad period pains that woke me in the night and lots of dull aches, I really thought it was going to end in mc like my last pregnancy. They've eased off a lot now though, think it's just the uterus stretching!

Mine definitely feel like AF pains... and whats up with the sharp pain that shoots through the hoo haa?!?! Its actually quite painful and bothersome... I hopw this is all just growing pains...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->