Anyone have PCOS and regular periods?

Wtbam

Reaction score
Hi there.

I was diagnosed with PCOS nearly 8 years ago now, and 5 of those years was spent with a Mirena Coil, and 2 with birth control (Dianette).

I suffer from hirtuism on my face, breasts and below my belly button. I do not suffer from spots, and I am not overweight. I do not know whether I am insulant resistant or not.

Without using contracteptives, I have fairly regular periods (between 28 - 32 days average) and always a similar length and heaviness. I have never used OPK's or temping before as I have not been TTC so I don't know if I am ovulating.

I always presumed that having regular periods meant I was ovulating but now I read this is not so.

After coming off Dianette on December 2nd 2013, I had a progesterone serum test done on 27th December 2013 which showed a progesterone level of under 5 - no ovulation. I have had this repeated and await the results.

Is there anyone out there who has PCOS and DOES ovulate regularly, or is there no such thing? Are there are positive stories out there as all I seem to read at the moment are negative stories of PCOS sufferers being unable to conceive naturally.

This is an ultrasound of my ovaries, to show the PCOS:

https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b368/Shellieshorses/DSC00543.jpg

https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b368/Shellieshorses/37614800-75e5-4b3d-bdd6-111bd9b9e300_zpscd323b7e.jpg

Any responses greatly received as I am very worried about this.

I have PCOS and I conceived my son naturally, I ovulated every month, even though my cycles were pretty irregular and I'd sometimes ovulate later in my cycle than expected. I'm not sure I'm ovulating now though, do you temp? Temping can show you whether you ovulate or not

Thanks for the response! I've literally just started temping yesterday so I hope to see whether I ovulate over the next month or so!

So pleased to have a positive response, gives me hope!!

I have PCOS and I have conceived to naturally. I have always had cycles that are around 28-34 days. My first was a surprise and my second took 3 cycles. Only one of which I used OPKs and preseed and that was the one I got a BFP on.

With that being said, after my last pregnancy my periods got messed up and I had to take provera to jump start my cycle and I am not on Metformin.

I have PCOS, I'm not overweight, I was on the Pill for 7 yrs before ttc, I got pregnant naturally 5 months after going off the pill but my periods werent regular at that time, I had 2 chemicals before conceiving. I'm not insulin resistant as I tested before we started ttc.

I went back on the pill after giving birth, went off in end of August as we want another baby, had one irregular period but now my periods are regular (28-30 days).

I dont know if I ovulate as I didnt use ovulation kit yet, but planning to do so next month, Good luck xx

I have very irrugler cycle my last period was the 22nd of october an i have onli just come on today so like a 79/80 day cycle for me xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->