anyone have success with Fenugreek?

MollyNorwood

Mummy of 2 Girls
Reaction score
Hi ladies
I have an (almost) 1 month old and while I want to EBF my supply is shocking. I express all my milk over the course of a day and am lucky to reach 120mls which is just enough for her night time feed. All other feeds she is on A2 platinum formula.
I have tried drinking heaps of water, I am eating well and resting when I can as well as massaging my breasts and expressing every 3 hours to try and stimulate and making sure I empty each breast properly- I literally pump every last drop I can. Nothing is working. I am expressing because LO has colic and she screams and throws her head around and when I get her latched correctly she will suck for 30 seconds and start thrashing and comes off again so that isn't an option at the moment.
Anyway I have read around online and it seems Fenugreek seeds or tablets have been promising in helping increase breast milk supply. Has anyone tried this> did it make a difference?
Thanks

When I was trying to breastfeed my doctor recommended fenugreek she said it was the best thing to help increase supply.I took that and drank mothers milk tea which was also supposed to help increase supply and it did help me keep producing some milk to still give my son but not enough to fully feed him. ( I only produced about 4 oz total in a day before and after they just kept me from drying up) I will say that many women I know have taken fenugreek and it did wonders for thier supply and since you still produce a good amount (compared to what I did) I think its worth a shot for you. Im sure it would have helped me more if my lack of production wasnt so extreme. Good luck!

Hello. I used fenugreek and mothers milk tea and it helped a lot. I hope it does for you also.:thumbup:

Thank you ladies :) I have started taking it from yesterday (1000mg tablets, 6 per day) so far I have not noticed any difference but it can apparently take a few days for it to work so we will see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->