Anyone here pg after having recurrent mc's?

I have had one miscarriage in March this year and this pregnancy they have prescribed my cycolgest progesterone 400mg subositries until 34 weeks - just praying it works!! X

Congratulations on your pregnancy, and I'm sorry to hear about your mc, hopefully the progesterone will help and this little one will stick for you :flower:

Hi hun, i've had 3/4 early miscarriages and several times i've had a BFP before AF and then AF arrived on time and tests went back to BFN. I've just had tests done, but got pregnant again before the results came back

The consultant said if I got pregnant again the GP should prescribe daily aspirin, Cyclogest (progesterone) pessaries and also a cream that i'm supposed to use 4 days in a row every couple of weeks. I picked the first two up yesterday but i've got to wait for the cream because it was out of stock.

Hi Kit, sorry to hear about your losses, you sound ever so much like me with regards to our history, I saw the consultant a few weeks ago and he said he doesn't think there is anything wrong with me, and he thinks my 3 very early losses were caused because I was over weight, he said next time I get pregnant he wants me to have an early scan, but he didn't say I should have any additional help which did concern me a bit, I was expecting them to at least suggest aspiring but he didn't. With my previous losses I have only just done a positive test and I start bleeding straight away, so I have come further this time than previously which is good, but I'm still very concerned and anxious, I was going to just take aspirin anyway but I didn't dare do it. Will you be having an early scan? I'm waiting for the doctor to ring me back today to tell me what they want me to do, if I make it to 6 weeks then I'm hoping they will see me then x

I went for quite a long time without getting any BFPs - August 2009 to September 2012, so initially I didn't even worry about MC because I was so focussed on getting pregnant. Then I had got pregnant one cycle after the other in Sept/Oct 2012 and both ended in miscarriage.

The second was very drawn out with my HCG going up very slowly and then just when we'd about given up on the pregnancy, it would suddenly double again. I should have been about 7 weeks, but my HCG levels never got much higher than they should have been at 4 maybe 5 weeks. In November, my HCG started falling again just as slowly as it had risen - they offered me something to make it happen more quickly but I wanted to do it naturally and my HCG levels didn't go all the way back to 0 until December.

After that I had another MC at about 5-6 weeks, which happened whilst we were NTNP but the rest have all been so early that the lines have never been more than a squinter and then AF has arrived on schedule and the lines have disappeared.

I had to get another referral to go back to the infertility clinic at the hospital (which I waited to do until I got my BMI under 35 because they won't prescribe anything otherwise anyway) and got referred to a different consultant this time who was very proactive about the miscarriages.

She put me back on Metformin to try and get my irregular cycles under control and ordered several blood tests to look into the miscarriages including karyotyping (genetic testing) for me and partner to see if there was anything that would explain it, but the results didn't come back before I got this latest BFP. But she'd already sent a letter to my GP asking them to prescribe the aspirin, cyclogest and the cream if I got pregnant before m next appt. which was due in December. She did note that I may benefit from an early scan but she's left it at the discretion of the midwife, so I won't know until my booking in appt. on 3rd October.

Oh gosh you have had such a long journey, I'm so pleased to hear you have your bfp now I really hope this one is your long awaited rainbow :) I will pop over to your journal to keep up to date with how you're getting on :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->